1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Own, My Precious

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by meenasankaran, Mar 28, 2020.

1. meenasankaran

meenasankaran Platinum IL'ite

Dear Thyaga sir,

Thank you for your kind feedback. I am very glad that you enjoyed the post. Coronavirus has done what very few great leaders of this world have achieved. It has brought the world together in a strange way. Whether one lives in the US or Europe or the Middle East, we are all in the same boat taking the same 'lockdown' tour and badly sewing similar homemade face masks. Never before have I felt this kinship with the many, nameless strangers of this world. :smiley:

2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Her last but one
    An Avalanche Of Apples!

Thanks and regards.
    God Bless.

3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

meenasankaran likes this.
  4. Nuzhath

Nuzhath Silver IL'ite

Hi
    I loved reading this! you got this bang on. Since three days - I have run out of turmeric. Iam waiting for some more supplies to run out before I ping my hubby to do his thing - wear the mask, disinfect, take cloth bag, carry cash and step out. Meanwhile, I remembered a good friend's uncle had gifted us some raw turmeric from his fields in Rajasthan. It was lying in the freezer waiting for the day to arrive when I will browse for tips on how to use it. Iam gratefully grating them over my food everyday!
    Nice post. I think I will nominate this post after I figure out how to do it!
    Thanks!
    Nuzhath

5. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Dear Meena,

I very much needed a diversion of a topic to read and here I am laughing uncontrollably. I needed this. At this end, it is a different story. My husband and kids didn't do enough puniyas in their previous births to have the taste buds to appreciate Srilankan food. They could handle that cuisine, maximum three times a week. So while I try different cuisines to satisfy their nonstop hunger, I am surviving with leaves. Please, send some sambar and chutneys over. There is enough rice is in this part and I will send some over to you.

Thank you for brightening my day.
    Vani

6. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hey Meena, so lovely to see you again after all this while! I'd really love to go grocery shopping with you! No pleasure like filling in endless carts full of stuff and driving back with all of it. That is another level of satisfaction altogether. Feels like life is sorted out for some time to come! :-D

7. meenasankaran

@Nuzhath

Dear Nuzhath,

The world should have more people like your Rajasthan uncle who would gift us with random stuff that could be unearthed on desperate days. May the Lord bless his fields with plenty of rain. :) As I have found out in this pandemic era, finding a stash of turmeric powder is akin to finding a winning lottery ticket.

Husbands all over should really take the time to update their resume to reflect these important additional skills. I think more than killing bugs and replacing batteries in hard-to-reach smoke alarms, it is this new skill (have mask, will shop) that gives them an edge. :grinning:

Nuzhath likes this.
  8. meenasankaran

@girvani

Now that's sad Vani. Why leaves? Especially now, with coronavirus glaring down at us? If there is one important decision that I have made because of the pandemic, it is to treat myself to all kinds of yummy home food that involves tamarind, asafoetida and sambar powder. The vow to not go to my grave deprived has truly made me happy. You should give it a try too.

9. meenasankaran

@satchitananda

Hi Satchi,

I would say sorry for responding late but since you have heard it all before, let's just move on. :D

Hop on in and let's go grocery shopping together anytime Satchi. It is the only time I get to see people anymore and have started to look forward to these outings. Last week, I seriously contemplated on wearing a pattu saree for grocery shopping just to remember how it would feel to wear a saree again. I do love my nighties but unlike in India, people here might judge me for going out wearing a nightie with a towel draped on top to the grocery store. I feel it will be futile explaining to them that it is the national costume for us back home and that is how I have seen all my neighbors shop for vegetables at the corner store. Anyway, I decided against the pattu saree in the end and went instead with a silk cotton. I felt powerful.

satchitananda likes this.
  10. Nuzhath

Nuzhath Silver IL'ite

Yup! If they can sterilize their own masks.. that's one less pressure point. :)