1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Teletherapy

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by memeera1234, Jun 17, 2020.

1. memeera1234

memeera1234 Gold IL'ite

Hey all,

My daughter is 2.3 years old now. Doesn't respond to her name. Makes eye contact only when she wants to. Saying a few words only. Doctor has told to get her enrolled for speech therapy. Keeping up with covid issues, would you suggest teletherapy or meeting therapist in person? Anybody with success through teletherapy? I am worried since time is running out and Corona is eating up precious time.

2. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I have been doing tele therapy for my son for the past three months. He had already been in therapy for many years and is able to do it with me. The therapists are his usual therapists so he has a good bond with them. As a child new to therapy, the first goal of the therapist will be to pair with the child. That will be hard online. You also will find it hard since it’s all new for you too. Where are you staying? A lot of therapy places are opening up with precautions in place. I know it’s not the most ideal solution but parents have started sending kids to therapy because it’s not ideal to put off therapy for too long.

3. Mehana

Mehana Platinum IL'ite

Depends on where you stay. Most of the centers doing with precaution, considering your kids age in-person therapy will benefit more but due to COVID-19 outbreak I am not how safe it is.

My son has less attention span and have been doing teletherapy past 3 months, I always sit with him along with the items he likes. Try doing the tele therapy and see how that goes. Therapist will guide you how to make your kid to sit with you, initially it will be hard but you have to keep doing with patience.