1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Invisible String!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Srama, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

It is one of those days you know - make a list, and mark it off kind of days. Most of my days are not like that. I march to the beat of my own drum every other day than the list days. A list staring me down everyday from the fridge's door would be intimidating. But, lists are to be enjoyed when made. That I believe.

I look at the list and carefully mark off -
    · Yoga class done.
    · Phone calls, text messages to the loved ones made.
    · Library books picked up
    · Called the Vet for an appointment.
    · Yard work taken care of.

Of course, there is more to do on the list, may be for another day! I smile and put the pen down. It is after all a simple list, meant to be completed only when time permits.

But for today, there seems to be boundless energy in me and the world around me, to do something else.

The dog having already eaten his lunch is sitting by the wall, watching me cook. I breathe in deep as I stand in front of the stove, feeling the warmth of the stove and frying papads for lunch. As I cook, even I can feel the sharp smells of my cooking wafting through the house.

I open the windows. Warm air gushes in immediately followed by a cool breeze - coming in through one and seeming to go from the other on the opposite side. The wind chimes in the house begin to sing a song! The leaves are rustling and the trees are swaying. I notice that the weather has decided to cool down. Skies are cloudy. The winds are gusty. Rain is imminent, perhaps a quick storm, a summer storm you know? I wish for a rainbow later. It is one of those days. A hot summer day, only giving us a little respite in between with this show.

I pause, looking through the window into the back yard and watch the beautiful sight that beholds me. I hear a constant “chirp, chirp” of a single bird. Followed by a loud “tweet tweet” by another one. Perhaps they are speaking of the impending storm.

I feel the energy in me and the world around me. There seems to be a sense of calm along with it despite the impending storm outside!

My phone dings suddenly and loudly as if trying to draw my attention to it from the view that is holding me enthralled, bringing me out of my reverie. I look at the phone and there is a message. My little niece has drawn a picture and a photo of it comes my way. I am touched and I am smiling. She is such a darling.

upload_2020-6-12_12-49-36.png

The inspiration for this work of art by my niece is a book she has read recently “The Invisible String” -

upload_2020-6-12_12-50-8.png

A fascinating children’s’ book, a simple story of a mother assuring her children yet the meaning can be profound, if you choose to look at it rightly. The most favorite part of mine being when mom assures her twins with a “Even though you can’t see it with your eyes, you can feel it with your heart and know that you are always connected to everyone you love,” Mom says. She tells the twins that whenever they are missing her, their love travels along the string, and she feels it tug on her heart, the same way they feel it in their hearts when she tugs back.”

My niece truly believes that she is connected to me or I am connected to her somehow even though we live so far apart. Children I tell you! Such innocence yet, such strong faith and belief - you know like that boy who came with an umbrella when the villagers decided to pray for the rain.

Some of the simplest of children's books have always given me the profoundest of messages and I am not at all surprised this came my way, when I was trying to reconnect with the universe! I feel the energy in me and the world around me. What perfect timing!

upload_2020-6-12_12-50-56.png

Invisible strings I tell you! Aren’t we all fortunate to be secure in the web of those invisible strings in our lives?

Thyagarajan, girvani and shyamala1234 like this.

2. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

[​IMG]

It tells a whole lot. True love knows no boundaries. Children in particular, because of their unadulterated love, know to play with those stings.

Srama and Thyagarajan like this.
  3. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sabitha,
    Yes...we are all connected. Some invisible power binds all of us. Cannot define but it is there. Just imagine world erasing the invisible string. It is blank. Isn't it?
    Children have uncontaminated me nd set up. If adults are also like that world would have been a better place!
    Enjoyed reading. All your snippets have a philosophical touch which people like me can understand and at some point I can relate to myself.
    Syamala

4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Sabitha,

Philosophically, it is easier to understand that we all came from the same source. But how do many replicates who came from the source feel connected to each other? It is my understanding that God wanted to feel love and hence replicated to give and receive love. God knows that we are all from one single source and it is easy to shower love on all of us but how we feel love among ourselves?

God installed a strong desire in our lives to aspire to be happy. That happiness we seek can never be enjoyed unless we share it with others. We can successfully share it with others and make them enjoy our happiness only if we are ready to receive and feel their happiness. When we understand this concept, we begin to enhance our circle and shower love to everyone we come across and when we reach a stage where we radiate with love for all beings, we become complete and happy. Until then, we remain work-in-progress.

Viswa

5. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Dearest Srama,

I came to this platform after a while and experienced an overflowing love by reading your post. How blessed you and your niece to have each other. Her beautiful picture says a million words. I was reminded Eckhart Tolle's quote, 'Love is the recognition of oneness in the world of duality'. Thank you Srama for setting my day with the thought to pounder on invisible string!!!!
    Love
    Vani

Srama likes this.
  6. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you @HariLakhera for your response. I loved it the moment i read it.

7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Syamala,

Thank you for your response. For some reason, I thought that this will become an invisible post :) Thanks to @HariLakhera 's first response and then you>
    Thank you for the above quoted words. Truth be told only when I connect the dots of the events do I realize that they make sense to me - becomes some what experiential. Not that I want to philosophize anything but happy to hear that I make sense. Thank you as always for your very warm feedback.

8. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear V sir,

I agree with you.

I am not sure of the source but I sure can see connection between people and events - more often than I realize. Staying in that state of gratitude is the hardest part. I am doing my best. Perhaps that will help me connect with the source and hopefully enjoy the what you speak of. Thank you as always for your feedback.

Viswamitra likes this.
  9. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Vani,

I quite clearly see an invisible string just in this simple example of you showing up when I posted this thread. If that is not it, what is?
    I love reading Eckhart Tolle and while I agree that love helps us see oneness in the universe, staying put in that state of mind and not slipping seems to be the challenge. Moments like the ones I have described help me stay connected. Thank you my friend. Trust you and family are well. Love