Son's LKG Admission in Chennai

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by jayalakshmig, Feb 15, 2007.

1. jayalakshmig

jayalakshmig New IL'ite

Hi

I am facing a major problem in getting a admission for my son aged 3+years.
    I just moved to chenai from cochin. I am a software engineer.
    When i came here i got to know that the admission to LKG in good schools are been closed. I am staying in K.K nagar. I tried schools padmasheshadri & Jawahar. I dont know much about other schools.
    Pls any body help me to get an admission to my son in a good CBSE syllabi school near by K.K. nagar. As my husband is abroad i ve to manage all these alone.

Thanks in advance
    Jayalakshmi.G

2. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Re: Please help me

Hai,
    it sure is a matter to get tensed up. But, please go to the particular schools and talk to the PRO or someother person in charge, explaining that you came ovr recenlty. I am sure there would be an alternative to all problems. Your direct approach will get you results, I have seen it happen in Chennai many times. Do take time off and go personally and enquire. Then you can take your child when they ask to see the child. I am sure you will be successful. Do try and if there is any hitch, do PM me. I shall do what I could do.
    All the best.

3. jayalakshmig

jayalakshmig New IL'ite

Varlooo,

Thanks for the response. Could you pls name out some good schools near by K.K nagar. bcos i dont know much about it.

Thanks
    Jayalakshmi

4. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Jayalakshmi,

I can understand your tension as I personally went through the same pressure this year to put my daughter into school. Sure the admissions to all the good CBSE schools here in Chennai are closed. Usually the process starts by Nov. end and gets over by Jan end or Feb beginning.
    But as Varloo said you can try approaching them personally. Another alternative is to put your son into a school nearby and you can try for the admissions next year. Just letting you know that this is one of the options.

Schools in K.K.Nagar area is Jawahar and padmaseshadri - you have already mentioned that. but check out if Chinmaya Vidhyalaya in Chetpet and Bhavan's in Kilpauk are near your area. These two are two other good CBSE Schools I know of. But will enquire about any specific CBSE schools in K.K.Nagar and would let you know.

Keep your fingers crossed. There is definitely a simple solution to any complicated problem.

5. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Re: Please help me - Son's LKG Admission in Chennai

Bhavan is in kilpauk which is quite far from KK nagar. Have you checked in La chateline, alwarthiru nagar. Heard that it is a decent school. And, there is one CBSE school has come in Saligramam(forgot the name). One more, matha amithrthananda mayi CBSE is in virugambakkam, guess...will check with my cousin and let you know..

Or at the worst case, put in some matric or any of the above school for this year. If you are impressed continue or next year, start searching for better schools in advance which is another option.

Good luck..

6. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Jayalakshmi,
    I think you can try in West Mambalam schools also. You can reach the place easily also from K.K.Nagar. The Ahobila Madam School is there and also there are other CBSE schools. I shall get back to you by tomorow with more info.Do not worry, you will get the child admitted in a good school.
    Have the option of putting the child in a better school next year too.

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi Jayalakshmi,

Most of the schools finish the lkg admissions by jan. but you can still go and present your case to the principal personally. Have you tried the Pon Vidyashram, (PSBB) ?

If you feel you can manage better if you son goes to schools in kk nagar, you can just get him admitted into good school, then try for admission into psbb next year.

M.A.K.convent (Anglo indian school)
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=199 border=0>77[​IMG]36th Street, Dr A L Madliar Road<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=199 border=0>K.K. Nagar, Chennai[​IMG]60007824743540

<TABLE class=title_und style="MARGIN-TOP: 6px" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=199 border=0>Amritha Vidyalaya
    49[​IMG]Amman Nagar, Nesapakkam
    K.K. Nagar, Chennai[​IMG]60007824741558, 24700119, 24715695<TD align=right rowSpan=2>

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Opinion about St.Brittos Academy in Velachery

Dear chennai il's ,

I am returning back to chennai frm gulf. I have been trying for admissions. bassically i am from nanganallur. i know modern school is good. but i have a problem, as my daughter has taken 2nd language french and she goes to 7th. so after scouting my in-laws have found st.britto's in velachery. which offers french. have heard the school is good. I am also trying chettinad, but feel it will be difficult to get admission.

Would like to know if anybody had any idea about the school. and your feeling about the school.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2007
  9. anandhirajagopall

anandhirajagopall New IL'ite

about the school admissions in cbse schools

hi i am actually shifting from cbe to chennai shortly and i wanted to know the school admissions in cbse schools in chennai and i heard that the minimum age limit to get admission to lkg is 3and half yrs and my daughter will be just three on june,2007 hence i am in search of a cbse school with pre kg in and around adyar can you please help me

10. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Why don't you try Vidya Mandir in Adyar? There is also St.Michael's Academy there. These are good schoos.