1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sushant Singh Rajput..no More:(

Discussion in 'Movies' started by anika987, Jun 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Why do we need to know real reason behind his death? May be He has his own issues and when someone is in depression, there is a chance of take drastic step. Moreover He doesn't like to reveal his too personal to the world that's why he hadn't left any suicide note. So, Just accept it.

2. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

It’s a misleading idea that people with mental health ailments are under achievers or not strong mentally. The suicide rates in students from premiere institutes like MIT, Stanford, UChicago etc made me really think.

Depression cannot go away because someone has a supportive family.

Someone suddenly doesn’t stop being clinically depressed because they took an anti depressant. It’s a long tumultuous road. It’s a huge challenge to change and try meds and therapies.

Depression has nothing to do with emotional strength.

Statements like the above are why people don’t get the support they need. How can someone who went to Stanford, have a nice job, have it all be depressed when there are others struggling but still living through life are all the wrong analogies to give someone who is diagnosed with depression. I’m mentioning this because this is the usual things that are said to people who open up about having clinical depression. This is exactly why people don’t open up and suffer in silence.

stayblessed, SunPa, mangaii and 3 others like this.
  3. AppuMom

AppuMom Gold IL'ite

I hate when people associate weak mind to depression or tell he/she is too sensitive to handle . Not everyone likes to talk to their family or friends about their woes.I was one .Till date no one in my family or friends circle knew what I was going through for 2 years. I always wanted them to see me as a happy person and not a broken person .
    Probably this actor also wanted to keep this with himself but lost it in a bad way.

4. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

@mangaii Completely off topic but if you don’t mind my asking who is that in your profile pic?

anika987 likes this.
  5. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

I dont think IQ, EQ or status etc has any relation to depression to mental illness. It can occur with no obvious reason or as a result of a traumatic event and in some cases genetic factors (eg:Schizophrenia)

If one find you or your dear ones in sinking mode, consult a therapist or counselor or psychiatrist as soon as possible. Timely help and medicines can save lives.

@AppuMom if possible find a counselor and vent it out. These kind of stress can damage even our health. It's a good option if we dont have a very close friend/family member to depend on and listen to us without any bias.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
    anika987 likes this.
  6. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Why, isnt that Jayalalitha ? :yum:

anika987 likes this.
  7. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

The reason that finally drives a person to a severe step like suicide need not be a big reason. It can be a "small" reason that turns out to be the last straw.

Self-made stars are indeed an inspiration. "Sorted out" reminded me of this quote from a FB page: "You have it all together on Monday, and by Thursday, you don't have a clue."

iis.PNG

Not a degree, it seems he had a scholarship offer from Stanford (which is no mean feat).

Felt bad to see pictures of his father leaving Patna for the funeral and arriving at Mumbai. It is always sad when someone dies, but when the younger ones cut in line, the grief of the older ones is harder to console.

An interesting question about the doctor being questioned. Not sure about the rules in India, but I'd guess the doctors a person sees in the recent past will figure in investigations about his suicide. I wonder how much a doctor is required by law to reveal in such cases.

I didn't realize how many movies of his I had watched! Including Chichhore which was one of the last movies I watched in theater before Covid. His Kedarnath songs are ones I have listened to many times last year in my playlists. : (

Hopefully, his death will not be completely in vain and will once again highlight the reality of depression and how it can strike anyone.

I was watching Robin Williams' movie The House of D couple of weeks ago. Still haven't gotten over his death. He was 63 when he died in 2014, had many movies left in him. I read up about the cause of his death which I think became more definitely known only after he died, though he suffered from it for some time.

8. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

Its the ifs and buts and the never ending questions that most of them dont feel like opening up about themselves.

Depression happens and no one chooses it, no matter how successful a person is in terms of financial and other aspects, it happens....
    Unfortunately in our society by and large depression and mental health is still considered a taboo subject and this is also one of the maon reason a person doesn't open up.

anika987 likes this.
  9. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

As in many things it is not possible to know without having walked in their shoes.
    As someone who underwent ppd and not even realising it till the tag end, as someone feeling helpless not being able to reach out thru a loved one's wall of depression/anxiety , as someone who sat holding her DH's had trying to comprehend when he says - " you know only now I can feel feelings - when I laugh I can feel it", I can tell you depression isnt weakness, or isnt high expectations, isnt something to snap out of, - it is far more insidious , it claws into the very essence of you and takes you.

Allie Brosh has so simply managed to show her depression trials in the below blog, do read it, Gives a glimpse of a world so different, where logic and normal feelings dont apply anymore. Sometimes makes you wonder if that is the price some people pay for their creativity
    Hyperbole and a Half: Adventures in Depression
    Hyperbole and a Half: Depression Part Two

My son and I discovered this blog when he was still in kindergarten and loved to read them together. We had hours and hours of fun reading and seeing her cute illustrations, rooting for that little gusty girl . I leave you with one of my favs,
    Hyperbole and a Half: The God of Cake

stayblessed, Giri12 and anika987 like this.
  10. Whyme20

Whyme20 Silver IL'ite

@mangaii
    Food for thought, may be op is really connected to the internet community here on this platform, may be this place here on the web is her comfort corner, may be posters here can relate to her or vice versa, may be op is also a very emotionally fragile person in real life, who seeks to empty herself here, so that she can be a strong person to her family and the outer world, may be like the rest of us, she is completely shaken by the terrible demise of a young talent, may be unknowingly she can relate to the lost one, may be op has no idea of what is depression. There can be so many hidden reasons for this thread and many others. I'm sorry for derailing the thread, but I found this post extremely rude. As long as I am aware, one of the main pre requisites of starting a new thread here is politeness. If we are so thoughtful and articulate, that we shall post only what makes sense, this website will cease to exist. I know it's just wishful thinking, but how nice it would be, if we stopped delivering our judgements here and there, how nice it would be if we didn't have anything nice to say or write, we just remained quite.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.