1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is It Must To Serve Husbands Family To Prove My Love?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Reesha, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Reesha

Reesha Silver IL'ite

I
    I am not angry person basically. i am the most emotional balanced person. i tried your way of communication like discussing/pleasing so on....for several times in last 5 yr, specially last 2 yrs i tried to improve my bonding with him to communicate my problems. but he always failed whenever i tried to spend with him. he shows intrest to do sex but not for any emotional sharungs and other talks. he do all those with his friends and parents. my husband is most temper person of my whole family and he never like to listen opposite persons. so i became such hard nut for him. if i started to request he will try to convince me with the word "ADJUST". so i am ordering this time about their boundaries.

@harithab Dont we deserve freedom to do everything as per our wish? even in small things which are costless like dancing with my own kids...? stretching legs at your own house? Are we need to be such serious, discipline love less, affection less life with such insensitive nuts? why we did hard work from child hood with 90% scores? just for earning sake? not for enjoyment..?

KashmirFlower and ImHuman like this.
  2. tanya3

tanya3 Senior IL'ite

Dear,

I can completely understand your situation as i am also in the same boat.
    In-law feel they got slave in the name of daughter-in law.
    With change in time, necessities have changed and one of important necessity is to have some space and some privacy.
    I would suggest you can directly/indirectly convey this point to your in-laws that you are no longer interested in staying with them.
    Better they separate and even if it is somewhere nearby.
    Husbands never listen, no point convincing them.

Reesha likes this.
  3. ImHuman

ImHuman Bronze IL'ite

I like your courage in standing up for yourself. You are managing yours and kids life anyways.. Just take care that you and kids are well mentally and emotionally. Let your husband come to you. once you show that you are complete by yourself and do not show emotional dependency on him, or showing him that you can decide to separate from him.. he will seek you i believe. Don't look for his acceptance. Stand your ground.

Thyagarajan and Reesha like this.
  4. Novalis

Novalis Gold IL'ite

Communication in print might not be claimed as effective though it weighs all our assertions and sensations for structured read over haphazard speech. It is effective only when the other person is coaxed to reevaluate the earlier conclusions that we would like them to revisit, in a change or conciliation of the mind, to our gratifying benefit.

The raison d'être of the undertaking should be foregrounded, why you have approached it this way, over other customary means of communication involved in the past. It was thoughtful of you to indicate the preference for such newer style of communication which was upfront in the opening line:

This is like walking up to a person with a first-aid kit and shooting them point blank assured of your control of the situation with the corrective measure.

because ...

because the disclosure is a turn off even before your switched communication could communicate anything meaningful. That 'because' sets the inducement for the reader to engage your anguish to your sensibility. If you are criticising their ability to withstand your outcry in the usual mode of communication, they will be less inclined to indulge in better alternatives.

You might want to reframe it slightly, perhaps, next time:

I am opening up my problems via mail because in the heat of the argument it gets messy and even our well-positioned thoughts are ill-timed. I have put together an overview of my concerns, out loud to myself, to which I would like you to help me with the possibilities. Together, as a team, how can we solve this deadlock we inflict on each other compounded by the bitterness in the aftermath of a garbled spat. Let's try something different. Something offline, which you could analyse in your private time, unlike our confrontational mishap. Hence the letter.

Construct your argument with receptive wording, not too sharp about other's follies, at least not in the overture itself. Good luck.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
  5. Reesha

Reesha Silver IL'ite

Hi Novalis,

I really impressed with your professionalism in way convincing or conveying. But this professionalism work with professional people only. I too expected same kind of professional handling from my husband in initial days actually. Even now also. but he is loosing his mind of thinking when comes to his parents matter. he is not ready to accept Gender Neutrality from his soul. he is just shocked with my modern thinking nature and not ready to change his mindset because he all time occupied by his parents who are nature of 70th decade, and constantly boosting up with some past days quotations like which are favorable to men, and which will improve burden on women generally. he is not positive minded towards this change. He is thinking that i should serve his family as per traditional rule and i should fallow family standards. so diplomatic way of communication wont work. this is not my first mail. i sent 3-5 mails in last 5 years in convincing/pleasing way. Nothing change happened in his nature. he dont want to care my feelings. he want to grasp his control on situation which may worse my life for next 10 years around or until my in-laws death. so, this time i stood up.

6. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:
    • The Ivy-league educated couple - Rohan went to Cornell and Harvard while Lakshmi studied at Yale - were engaged in August 2010 and married in a high-profile ceremony in June 2011 in Chennai.

• Their reception in Bengaluru was the most coveted event in the city's social calendar that year.
    Rohan and Lakshmi, who separated 2013 filed for divorce in April 2015.

• The divorce of Rohan Murthy, son of Infosys co-founder NR Narayana Murthy and Lakshmi Venu, daughter of TVS Motors Chairman Venu Srinivasan, came through on October 31, 2015.
    They were granted a mutual consent divorce by a family court in Chennai.

• You know how they came to realise the marriage was incompatible.
    Sudha’s books are interesting and she realised at 45 because of her wedded daughter what her purpose in life.

• But then why her then DIL Laksmi went ahead with divorce though announced mutual consent!

After reading your post I couldn’t help remembering this incident. You may have answer here for your dilemma.
    Regards.
    God bless.

7. Novalis

Novalis Gold IL'ite

Edited: Sorry, posted in the wrong thread.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020