1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

All Fall Down?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Balajee, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Balajee, this is the fourth month for me sitting at home observing quarantine.
    After three whole months, I dared to go out to my local Indian grocer this morning to buy few necessities and it felt like an adventure. The store for a change looked cleaned up and sorted out, quite a deal for our Indian store keepers! I gingerly looked through the wares and got the shopping done and at home, cleaned and sanitized all the stuff before they could be stored away.
    In short, I have had enough of this.
    So let us hope this will not extend or extinct us! Though it cannot be treated by any known medicine or can be stopped by any vaccination, I am hoping it will go just the way it came! Hope to be reading a book called " The Ultimate Wonder of Wonders"!
    Importantly, I need to go shopping! :)

L, Kamla

2. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viswa, today my daughter had to take one of our cats to the vet. As she drove across Delhi UP border she was shocked to see that there were neither any barricade nor any sign of cops. Shops in Delhi were bursting with people not giving a damn about social distancing. It was as if the govt. both Delhi and centre had thrown down the towel on tackling COVID 19 and left the people to their fates. Yes the only thing we can do is to sit tight and wait for a vaccine.

Viswamitra likes this.
  3. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Kamla not oinly stores are in order, even vehicular pollution has come down thanks to the lockdown! Of course it can't go on indefinitely. People hsave to go to work to earn their daily bread and not all can work from home. There have been instances of some species becoming extinct due to epidemics I don't see why homo sapiens won't join that club. All we can do is to wait for a vaccine and hold our breath hoping we won't be at the receiving end of Ms.Corona.