Finest Posts - Nominations For June 2020

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Jun 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

HariLakhera and Thyagarajan like this.
  2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Thanks for covering your appreciation of my response by nominating it along with your nomination of the post ibid by our senior fellow member @HariLakhera .

Thanks & Regards.

HariLakhera likes this.
  3. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Not for you Sir, it was for sis Virji.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. Thyagarajan

The above addressed to madam sister @ jayasala

5. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@iyerviji
    My dear Viji
    Thanks for your nomination of @priyakannan 's response to your thread Change Is A Part Of Life
    Your post is a good one as usual and priya's response is equally impressive. First let me refer to your opening line
    Nothing in life is meant to last. That's the beauty of life. It is full of twists and turns but for which we will be bored to death! Would you sit trough a movie which is all goody-goody? A villain enters as a big relief and the drama unfolds. Recently I saw a Rajnikanth movie in which everybody is loaded with a revolver in each hand and keeps shooting off merrily. We can't live all your life eating only hulwa!
    Priya's response to you is thought-provoking. It reminded me of Adi Sankara's Baja Govindam. Her words
    are absolutely the essence of good living. A short and crisp response by Priya.
    Sri

priyakannan and iyerviji like this.
  6. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@jayasala42
    Thank you for your nomination of @HariLakhera 's Education Provides Wings To Children? and also to @Thyagarajan 's response to the thread. The OP has been nominated by @iyerviji and I thank you for seconding it.
    Thyagarajan's response to HariLakhera speaks of his experience in worldly matters. He has spoken about the legendary Subramaniam and there are many like that. In today's newspaper I read of Sunder Pitchai's story in his own words. His father had to shell out his whole year's salary to buy his son's air ticket to US and the son has not forgotten the parental gesture. But I agree with Hari that what the parents do is part of their duty and they cannot expect anything in return for it.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Glad to know Anna that my post is good.But noone nominated.You are right we can't live life eating halfway there should be twist

Thyagarajan likes this.
  8. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Thanks, Shri Cheeniya.
    As for parents sending their children to foreign lands for education or jobs and then expecting them to be on your beck and call, is rather saying to have it and eat it also. Even within the country, children have to move out for better career. Fortunately children in foreign lands reach faster than those in the country, thanks to modern means of travel for those who can afford. A poor worker in Kerala will take 72 hours to reach Dehradun as against a well salaried son reaching there from California is max 36 hours.
    The point is , as parents do as was expected from you and leave it to children as expected of them. Do not grumble.

Thyagarajan and Cheeniya like this.
  9. Thyagarajan

:hello:Thank you for your nice weighty words but I consider myself still wet behind the ears via-a-vis stalwarts here.
    Thanks and Regards.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
    Cheeniya likes this.
  10. Bubbles

Bubbles Silver IL'ite

Thyagarajan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.