Opos Help Request

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by Caughtinbetween, Aug 12, 2019.

1. mriduna

mriduna Silver IL'ite

Thank you @Caughtinbetween for this thread and Thank you @Rihana for the details. I have been OPOS-ing for the past 2 years but a new IP owner. I love OPOS for the taste, color and texture and hope to use the IP for it. Waiting on approval on the FB support group. This is very helpful in the interim.

Caughtinbetween likes this.
  2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Does anyone have tips on how to grind the cashews without the powder getting clumpy due to the warmth and moisture of the blades?

3. Caughtinbetween

Caughtinbetween Gold IL'ite

I had the same issue with grinding cashews the first time i did it ...it all turned almost like dough because of the moisture it releases.
    i read some where on the fb page to pulse it in very short intervals like a few seconds at a time and repeat it a few times . i use this one to pulse it Cuisinart Elemental 8 Cup Food Processor - Gunmetal FP-8GMTG

it worked fine for me since then ..made kaju katli a few times following this :)

Rihana likes this.
  4. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Caughtinbetween thank you for the quick response. I have that food processor, used it once. : ) Will bring it out. Made "kaju katli" with store bought almond powder yesterday and it came out so good! I was as shocked and surprised as the people in Trump's war room the night he won the election. : )

Will try the pulsing method to grind them.

Caughtinbetween likes this.
  5. Caughtinbetween

Caughtinbetween Gold IL'ite

They may get surprised this time around as well :) Too much to happen in a short span in an election year .

Yes , Pulse , stop , wait . Repeat.