New Job. Background Check. Previous Paystubs

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Divya0331, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Divya0331

Divya0331 Senior IL'ite

Hello IL,

Hope you'll are doing good and staying safe at Home.

I needed some information from you'll on the below situation.

I am on H4 EAD and got a job. This is my first job.

In the interview I put a fake experience. I cleared the interview but I am being asked for my previous pay stubs. I do not have any as this is my first job.

Can you'll please provide me some information on what I can do to keep my job secure.

Any inputs would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Thyagarajan likes this.

2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Fake experience easily detectable in this netera. They had already known this fact but indirectly make you realise by asking for pay stub. You got to tread path carefully avoiding the reporting as misusing provisions of H4 EAD which has been granted to last till validity of H1B of spouse.

Quote(.) I heard this document of employment authorisation is being revoked. It has been stuck with OMB. The original planned NPRM date for H4 EAD rule removal was in March 2020, but with the coronavirus situation, nothing moved. November 8th, 2019 : No new update in H4 EAD rule removal yet in October, it is still in the same state as before, pending with USCIS.(.)
    Trust you had factored in the above.
    All the best.
    Regards.
    God Bless.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
  3. Angela123

Angela123 Gold IL'ite

It is legal for them to ask, but you can deny providing the pay stubs, before you become an employee. If you accept the job, and you were asked a previous pay stub, you are in a pickle.
    If they did the background check, they might have your salary history already, but at this point, you can tell them you do not want to share the pay stub with them. It is risky, but less riskier than telling them you lied on the resume.

Thyagarajan and sarvantaryamini like this.
  4. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I have a question regarding jobs if you can help.

People are offering jobs in person ,higher paying but it is a risk to take
    Considering the virus.So in person jobs am not looking at as of now.

Work from home for me is fine.Which websites did you apply in?Thank you.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

I have seen people faking about technologies.

But faking about job experience is very risky!!

Many have lost jobs and job offers because of fake experience.
    Definitely they will do some serious background check especially if it’s a first job in US. So be careful about what you mention in your resume.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. sarvantaryamini

sarvantaryamini Gold IL'ite

Before you started it, you should have thought of a solution, a plan B. What makes you think that people will help you cheat here? I also don't understand one thing, you put fake experience, so what experience under which company? Are you just trolling?

Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. AppuMom

AppuMom Gold IL'ite

These days recruiters check LinkedIn,FB,Twitter all the available social media to know about the person even before they make a call to the person .How can we fake a job in this close knit web world ?????
    OP ,I would suggest you be open to the consultancy if you are hired thr them.Company HR will not tolerate this..

Thyagarajan likes this.
  8. netflx

netflx Gold IL'ite

Firstly, I will be surprised if people here in IL are willing to help you secure a job with "fake experience". This is a very wrong thing to do (despite whoever else out there also does it).
    Secondly, companies do thorough checks, so you can be terminated with cause for lying, later also (even if you join the job). Best is to politely tell the company that you decided to pursue a different option, and decline this job offer. That's the best thing to do, rather than get caught and it can affect you badly.
    Next time - remove all the fake experiences and then apply, it does not help since you will get caught anyway during bg check by companies.
    I dont wish to say "only desis" do this, but this sort of thing creates a real bad name for desis even if some of them do this to 'get ahead in life' by hook or crook. This is sad that honesty has less value than just go-and-get-what-we-want. Yes it can take a lot more time without these fake experiences but its just the right route to pursue.

Rihana, Thyagarajan and nuss like this.
  9. nakshatra1

nakshatra1 Platinum IL'ite

Don't go on that path- it is completely unethical. Faking experience is wrong. Not only is it cheating the company, but genuine candidates suffer. You will never be at peace either.
    It will also spoil the name of the Indian community if you are caught as these incidents will add up. And expecting people here to come and help you with cheating is also wrong.
    Leave that job offer, and start afresh, with new and honest resume.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
    Thyagarajan likes this.
  10. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

[QUOTE="netflx, post: 4186939, member: 488328" Best is to politely tell the company that you decided to pursue a different option, and decline this job offer. That's the best thing to do, rather than get caught and it can affect you badly.
    Next time - remove all the fake experiences and then apply, it does not help since you will get caught anyway during bg check by companies.[/QUOTE]

This would be my advice. Politely decline the offer and start afresh. Sooner or later you will get caught, not worth it.