Finest Post Winners - May 2020

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

As always, @iyerviji and @Viswamitra came to my rescue with four nominations each and @Thyagarajan too gave me a hand with two nominations without which, I might have had to roll over the nominations to June. I am indeed breaking my head wondering how to woo back the regular nominators of the past. If I had any wit, I would have added that I am at my wits end! What is ailing this time-honored talent hunt? I look forward to your suggestions besides your nominations.

When I was a little kid, I was always entrusted with the task of raising a tiny garden for Navrathri Kolu. I would gather some mud and plant mustard seeds in it. Within a day tiny sprouts would appear and I would go ecstatic. Besides that, I have had no tryst with gardening. But I get excited when people talk to me about their gardening efforts. And so I got when I read @blindpup10’s magnificent gardening efforts. Her visuals were eye-catching.

I have great pleasure in declaring @blindpup10 as the Winner of the Finest Contribution Award for her thread My Backyard Garden

Amateur writers like us go gaga if we get a juicy topic to write about. But very few have the capability to make even the driest subjects juicy. Take for example, placing our furniture in the house. It may sound simple but when it comes to aligning it with the fans overhead, it becomes a contentious subject. @Agatha83 hits the nail on its head saying
    What more can I say?

I have great pleasure in declaring @Nuzhath as the Winner of the Finest Narration Award for her post Headboards, Sofas, And Ceiling Fans - Alignment Woes?

My hearty congratulations to the Winners and my sincere thanks to the proposers and supporters of the Winning Posts!

blindpup10 and iyerviji like this.

2. Nuzhath

Nuzhath Silver IL'ite

Congratulations @blindpup10
    Thank you for appreciating my post and including me in the winners list!

blindpup10 likes this.
  3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

@blindpup10 & @Nuzhath,

Congratulations to both of you for winning the finest post and finest narration awards for the month of May 2020. @blindpup10, like I said, raising a garden is like raising a child and your contribution is motivational. @Nuzhath, you have already written many snippets that deserve winning and I am so happy that your latest snippet won the award this month.

Nuzhath and blindpup10 like this.
  4. Viswamitra

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

You are already doing the most difficult job of selecting the best out of nominated threads. The least we could do is nominate them every month.

iyerviji, Thyagarajan and Cheeniya like this.
  5. Viswamitra

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

IL probably needs to introduce trophy points for those who nominate other posts or even a special mention of those who regularly nominate threads. I even feel those nominated posts should get a special status just like winning posts probably with a different-colored label along with their names. This may encourage people to nominate more as they see the special status of the posts they have nominated.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Good idea Viswa. I will discuss this with Induslady and get back to you.

Viswamitra and Thyagarajan like this.
  7. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Some kind of a drying up is perceptible since that disgruntled members clamouring for deletion of their posts quits or remaining dormant.
    2. I would suggest to increase instead of two best, increase few more categories from other forum or alternatively best men post best women post best junior most member post... which would widen the scope of members turn more participative and active.
    3. I congratulate the winners of May twenty 20.
    @Nuzhath @blindpup10

Regards.

Nuzhath likes this.
  8. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

My dear Anna

Glad I could nominate and my nominated post got award

9. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Nuzhath likes this.
  10. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame