1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

To Travel Or Not To Travel: That Is The Question

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Jul 2, 2018.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Oh wow Satchi!
    A travelogue and that too from Germany? Mainly Berlin!
    Loved all that you wrote. Felt like I was taking the trip with you!!
    So glad it was with your husband, looks like he had a great time with his wifey who is well versed both with the country and its language. Lucky guy indeed.
    I have been to Berlin many times! Anytime we had guests visiting us, we would drive them to Berlin for sightseeing, strictly. It would often be a short trip of a day or two. But my first visit to Berlin was from England and those days, crossing to East Berlin felt like an adventure! We were in Germany when the wall came down. Once I went there with my lady friends and we walked till our legs were swollen but went to every corner of Berlin. Been there with my daughters whose main aim were the lovely and amazing museums of Berlin. Some of the best in the world. Cannot even start on Potsdam! Oh well, one can go on and on.........You see, you brought back lots of memories.
    Last visit was about eight years ago. One had to look through magnifying glasses to spot the Germans in German Berlin :)))) Full of foreigners, not necessarily all tourists. But one thing is for sure, we ate some of the best vegetarian dishes prepared with so much fantasy.
    That you ate potato pie and hubby a falafel made me smile. When first entered Germany, people looked at me with disdain when I said I wanted something vegetarian. Have been served a plain white bread slice or a bowlful of lettuce leaves!!!
    Was fun reading Satchi. Always loved the strain of humor you weave into your writing!

L, Kamla

satchitananda and Cheeniya like this.
  3. satchitananda

Hey Kamla, such a wonderful surprise to come here today and see your response in the notifications. Thanks ever so much. You know that the admiration is mutual! I really love reading your posts and absolutely love your mention of the disdain with which they served bread and lettuce leaves! Reminded me of my visit to a restaurant in Munich with a friend in 1993 or 1994. I insisted on having plain water (as in not mineral water) to drink. I got just a strange look and no water at all! Things have mercifully changed and Leitungswasser is acceptable for human consumption.

Thanks a ton, Kamla!

4. satchitananda

Thanks a lot Aruma. So sorry for the delay in responding. I take short breaks from time to time and I opened IL after a while today. Yes, I do hope we shall all be able to travel once again sooner than later. Did you travel to Armenia or was it cut short because of Covid?