1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

2.6 Yrs Old Boy Very Nauty

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Deepiha, May 26, 2020.

1. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Nothing to worry OP.
    My son also used to play with utensils, especially, wok, pressure cooker etc. So I gave him all that with wooden spoons. Even bought a cooking set which he didn't use. Also used child lock in all cabinets and made sure I kept every thing away from him so that he can't grab. You can also arrange a designated play area to entertain.

I used to spend one hour for bath. I used kids bath tub,in our bath tub, fill it with water and toys. Also allowed him to play for more than half hour every day. I used to watch him and play with him patiently.

They dont have proper communication skills. Have lot of patience. He will gain those skills by 4 yrs old. So when you get angry, they see only anger and not what you are trying to say. So take deep breath, cool down and talk softly. Changing attention is one way to divert their mind. Also dont yield to his tantrums. If he misbehave, give him time out. I used to keep him on my kitchen counter top, wait there till he calm down. Tell him it's time out and you can't accept this behavior.

Enjoy these period, later we will miss it..

2. Deepiha

Deepiha New IL'ite

Thanks for ur reply Ddream. Today what he did u know he got his father mobile and came to show me some photo and went to give him v expect but he just thrown out. Display gone. Many times he is like tat he throw remote, mobile etc. However v say if u throw it will break you cant see rhymes like tat softly. He never get our words he just throw and njoy that moment and laugh. We get so much angry.. what to do..

Thanks deepiha.

3. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

It's not surprising that he throw away mobile. Still he was able to get it. Keep everything away from him. He dont need mobile at this age. Also its not good for his eyes. You can use tv to show cartoons or songs. Say no to him of he asks. I believe if a kid became addicted to mobile parents are responsible. We have not given any mobile to our kids. Even now it's not. I noticed that they get addicted to tablet, mobile etc and think it's their property. You need to break its addiction now itself. It can elevate tantrums. So buy him a toy mobile or kids tablet with good protection even if he dont play. If yield to him, you will never be able to manage it well and it can add to your stress. Tell him if he behaves like a good boy, you will play him cartoons or songs in tv or computer. I guess most of the TVs can be connected to internet and YouTube.

Last edited: May 28, 2020
  4. Deepiha

Deepiha New IL'ite

Hi mam,
    My son is not addicted to mobile but he asks sometimes to see rhymes or toy factory 2 or 3 he see and then he leave the place thats all. But sometimes he throw like this. Dont know how to control throwing things and beating other kids even his cousin younger than him. Just like tat he beat and laugh ran of. Thats the problem i cant leave him in one place to play and go. He make some pblm and come.. very fear of him.If he go to school also i feel many complaints may come from other parents and teachers.

Thanks deepiha.

5. dimpleanand2002

dimpleanand2002 Junior IL'ite

Hi Deepiha,
    I relate to your problem on a personal level. My son is also hyperactive and he finds intelligent ways to surprise me. When he was young, whenever he used to be in the bathroom, he used to pour all shampoo bottles, containers, and soaps in a 100 ltr tub and mix all of them together.
    When I used to ask him why. he used to say that he was making a formula for science.
    When he started going to school, he used to rub erasers to make magic threads.
    These are just some common things he used to do, besides there were a number of things which kept him busy and made me angry like anything.

So, I bought him legos (simple ones) and he loved playing with them. I also made sure that he is not running around all the time and touching dangerous items in the house. So I set up a playard in the house, to contain him in one place.

You can also try these tips, it worked for me and it may work for you too.
    Above all, don't worry, it is a growing phase for baby, very soon he'll start to be more patient with things.

I hope it helps:)

6. dimpleanand2002

dimpleanand2002 Junior IL'ite

Did you trying giving him some tent like thing or some responsibility, which could make him feel big and strong. He's trying to know his limits in the house and around him. Sometimes, be firm with rules and sometimes distract him from the wrong thing he is engaging in. I do this with my kids and it works sometimes.