When Will People Start Going To “office”?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by anika987, May 27, 2020.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Will we ever go back to the office? - CNN

Read about this..
    Even today asked hubby when will he resume work in person and he said no idea as of yet.

To working women..has your office given any date in the near future to start in person again?

Everything seems so blank..Will things be normal as of 2021?

My other concern is will kids resume school in September? In 3 months?

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

I’ve been going in two days a week since May 11.
    Most people who are able to telework are being encouraged to do so. No one knows yet how the virus is going to play out or if any effective vaccine will emerge. September is also the beginning of the flu season so it could complicate things.

Last edited: May 27, 2020
    anika987 likes this.
  3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks malstrom.

With this coronavirus going on..everything seems so bleak..

Very frustrated that kids are missing even extra curricular activities.My daughter is doing a sport ,swim and other activities that she misses that so much and am also irritated she is missing all that..Don’t know how long! At this rate of it takes another 2 years to start all that She would have lost her time.

Hopefully things get normal soon

Last edited: May 27, 2020
  4. Angela123

Angela123 Gold IL'ite

I am starting office from June 1. Excited about this at the same time scared too!! For sure will be missing the comfort of home and daily cooked meals, and my lunch naps! But I have been wanting to go back for so long. My office opened a month ago and most people are there with social distancing, but still working in office. In our county and State everything is open. People wear masks and use sanitizers. There are some incidents of partying or no social distancing but it is just one or two.

I am glad that DD is staying home - we got to bond more, she speaks our regional language more fluently and funnily!! She learned to eat rice with hands, before it was with spoon. Before the whole covid-19 shutdown, she had a very tight schedule of activities and now I when I think back she did pretty well with everything, but we never got good bonding time other than 15 minutes of bed time routine. For the first time in her life she is home during this summer - the whole summer! So I am going to miss all the fun when i start office. But DH will be staying home for a little longer. They are being allowed to work from home for another month. I have a friend whose company has a schedule of work from home until July 2021. This is in the same state, very close by cities. Just their company policies are different.

My doctor said it is about time people got back to their offices. I couldn't believe my ears first!!. Well, I think the same now, considering the economical status of people.

5. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

Here in India, many people have been called to Join office in May..I.e May mid to end...some from June...of course workplaces have been placed with social distancing measures.. and timings have been modified according to lockdown curfews..