1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Thriller: The Ultimate Choice

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Tamrakshar, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Tamrakshar

Tamrakshar Platinum IL'ite

The wait is over. The final episode is coming up.

Riverstream and Mistt like this.
  2. Tamrakshar

Thanks Lakshya for reading and your honest feedback. Honestly, this story is not at all suited to be written here, as this is a family forum, and this story is A-rated. The adult portions, the basic ingredient for this kind of stories, cannot be written here. In my original story, the tests are 10 and not 5. This story is also not suited for every ordinary reader, especially the females. This is a "farmaishi" story, and it has niche readers.

Riverstream likes this.
  3. Tamrakshar

Final episode of part 1
    5 years later

Standing in the oval shaped balcony alone, Omkar was looking at the nest on the neem tree. Omkar loved this twilight time in spring. The nest was meticulously built by a crow couple. With great perseverance the mother crow had hatached two chicks. The father crow worked like clockwork to bring food and ensure the safety of the chicks. Omkar simply loved the family life of the crows.

Family! Omkar heaved a sigh. He, too, had a beautiful family. A soft hand on his slodier broke the flow of thoughts where Omkar was completely lost.

"Don't worry Anna! Everything will be alright!"

Omkar looked at Vaishali, his 3 years younger sister. She had been standing beside him like a rock in the last 5 tumultuous years. She might be younger in age, but in maturity she was way ahead of him. Without her, Omkar would not have achieved this feat.

"I have arranged everything Anna! Everything is ready. The guests will be coming soon."

Vaishali, a 1st year BSC student of Gayatri Degree & PG College, Tirupati, had sacrificed her career for the sake of her family. She was selected for medical course, but she abnegated the opportunity as someone needed to stay with her mother. Omkar had already been studying BTech in the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Tirupati by then.

The sacrifice of Vaisu didn't go in vain, as Omkar had passed with flying colours, and had got a job offer in Infosys. He would be joining soon his place of posting in Hyderabad. Before that they wanted to celebrate it with a small gathering of family and friends. The situation was so depressing that there had been no celebration in this house in the last 5 years.

"Ding dong! Ding dong!" The bell rang.

"I am coming!" The voice of Omkar's 65 yeras old Granny could be heard.

"Who could be so early?" Omkar and Vaishali also darted towards the door.

It was Suresh Uncle, their family friend, with a big box of presents in his hand and even a bigger smile on his face. Without Suresh Uncle's generous help, Omkar wouldn't have been able to build his career.

"How is your mother?" That was the first word that Suresh spoke. In his heart he had a huge sense of guilt.

"Same!" A sense of gloom immediately prevailed in the atmosphere. In fact, Omkar was extremely apprehensive how his mother would react watching Suresh Uncle!

"Go away! Who are you? You want to kill me? Go away?"

The shrill, frantic scream of Archana made Suresh cringe a few steps backwards. Suresh was shocked to the core to watch Archana. Because of his guilty feeling he hadn't visited here in the last 5 years. Omkar used to visit his house in Hyderabad for helps.

Suresh could not believe what he saw. Archana's age had trebled in these 5 years, but her weight had halved. The veins had become prominent in her shrieveled body, the eyes seemed to be popping out in rage.

Vaishali immediately went to calm down her mother. Omkar and Suresh went to the drawing room.

"This has been happening ever since she was rescued by the police. She cannot recognize anyone. She even does not recognise Vaishali, but somehow she has been able to hold some control over her. She cannot tolerate anyone else. She doesn't speak with anyone."

"This is all because of me. Despite having so much wealth and power, I couldn't do any thing." Suresh shook his head. Omkar could clearly see that tears had welled up in his eyes. He was trying hard to control them.

"What are you saying Uncle? You engaged the best detective agency in the country, you talked to the CM. The CM ensured hundred percent effort of the police. What else could you have done?"

Omkar knew from his heart that Suresh Uncle couldn't have done anything better. In fact, what he did for his best friend was indeed awesome.

"Is there any chance of finding my father?" After calming down her mother, Vaishali had joined the discussion. Despite all the mishaps, she still kept some hope of finding her missing father.

"I don't know. But, as you know the police said that they couldn't find any trace of him in the entire compound of that Hell House in Barrackpore in West Bengal. The search is still on, but the top investigators do not see much hope." Suresh didn't want to arouse false hopes.

"What does the private investigation agency say?"

"They think the Joker had killed him. They are after the Joker. No matter whereever he hides, he will be hunted down, they promised. You know they lost 18 persons, the police lost 20 in that deadly operation. But, when they were able to enter the compound, there was no one expcept your mother and another guy. Both of them were in terrible conditions, and had to be hospitalized immediately. The deadly gang destroyed all the evidences to the extent of demolishing the entire 10-storied building."

"Another guy? You never told me that!" Omkar's eyes expanded in astonishment!

"Yes, there was another terribly injured person. My main concern was my friend Rajan. That's why I didn't enquire much about that guy. He was another victim of that satanic gang."

"Was his name Siddharth?" Vaishali shouted in excitement.

"Yes. But how did you know?" This time it was turn for Suresh to be surprised.

"My mother sometimes utters this name during her hysterical fit." Vaishali said.

"Suresh Uncle, I don't know what the law enforcing agencies will do, but I know that the only aim in my life is to get the Joker. He had killed my father and made my mother insane. He had destroyed my family."

"I am with you Anna! I will help you in your mission."

"I am also with you. I can't exonerate someone who killed my best friend. But, how do we find him when the best investigation agency can't do that?" Suresh asked.

"I believe this Siddharth guy can be a great source of information."

"He said, like your parents, he too was kidnapped from his ancestral hometown in Guntur, and tortured during his stay in that Hell House. He could not give any important information."

"I think he knows a lot. We need to visit him."

"Okay, let me see."

Suresh rang Somnath, the head of the "Ravenous Eagles" in Southern India, and talked for few minutes.

"Nowadays, he lives with his paternal aunt in Guntur. Somnath will SMS me the exact address in 15 minutes."

Next morning, when the trio entered the dilapidated one-storied building in the municipality town of Guntur, they were in a shock to see Siddharth sitting on a wheel-chair. He, too, like Archana, had aged treble in this 5 years. Tears welled up his eyes as he immediately recognised Omkar and Vaishali. But within seconds, he controlled his emotions, and in a rather rude voice said,

"Why have come here? Go away, you fools!"

"We need to talk to you uncle!" Vaishali pleaded.

"No talks! If you don't go, I will call the police." He turned his wheel-chair and entered into a room. His 70 years aunt pleaded them in folded hands,

"Please go away. He is very moody, he will indeed call the police."

Very perplexed, very frustrated they left the house. No body was talking.

"We can't give up like this", Omkar said.

"True but we will have to find a different strategy to deal with this obstinate guy." Suresh opined.

When they went near Suresh's car, and ready to go, they were taken for another surprise. The old lady came huffing, "Wait in the nearby playground. He will visit."

Within 15 minutes Siddharth came there with the help of a young boy. The young boy helped him to sit on a bench. Very surprised, the trio came near him.

"I am sorry to meet you here. But, you know what? I can't take a chance. The Joker might have bugged my house."

"Tell me about the Joker. I want to take revenge." Omkar's eyes lit up in rage.

"Good! So do I. But look at me. He has made me handicapped. But, I will help you as much as I can."

"Tell me whatever you know about him." Suresh said.

"Okay, then listen", Siddharth began the story whose 1st 19 episodes have already been told.

End of part 1

Because of the prevailing health scare across the world, I have to end the part 1of the story rather abruptly with this unplanned episode. The next part will deal with the remaining episodes of the unfinished story and then with the revenge against the Joker. I am going to take a long sabbatical. See you in October this year. Stay healthy stay safe.

Riverstream, Rihana and Mistt like this.
  4. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

@Tamrakshar Yes, it was shocking to read about Archana &Siddharth. Feel sorry for their situations and I think Rajan also alive somewhere. Thanks for writing enthralling story and publishing here. It keeps me in suspense until now. Kudos to your narrative skills and hope for I will read rest of story in October. Stay safe!

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
    Tamrakshar likes this.
  5. Riverstream

Riverstream Bronze IL'ite

You are an awesome writer. Please complete the story.

Tamrakshar and Mistt like this.
  6. Tamrakshar

The story "Ultimate Choice" was eneded hastily due to the COVID situation in the world. Watching masked people around me, as my story had masked people too, demotivated me to finish the story. So, I came up with an abrupt ending. Now that the situation has improved, and most of our population has been vaccinated, I feel like an encouragement to complete the unfinished job.

The final two episodes no longer hold any meaning. I wish they could be deleted, as I have changed the ending. So, I am starting from episode number 20 onwards. You are requested to read the first 19 episodes again to get going.

This story is not for the sensitive readers as it contains many disturbing things.

7. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

I thought of it become incomplete thriller. Nice to know that you are going to write next episodes of story and it took almost one and a half years to see updates from you for this story. I understood how would be a writer's world when surroundings become gloomy. Eager to read continuation of the story.:smile:
    :thumbup:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
    Tamrakshar likes this.
  8. Tamrakshar

Thanks Mistt! I am restarting from Episode 20 from tonight.

Mistt likes this.
  9. Tamrakshar

Episode 20

"What the heck are you doing Srinivas? Will you be the reason for fall of my government?"

Srinivas was the renowned, redoubtable SP of Chittoor district, who had been profusely praised by everyone, starting from the common man to his superiors in the police, for curbing the crime rate of Chittoor significantly since his taking over charge. He was the man who believed in leading from front, he was the man who was said to be incorruptible, he was the man whom even the wily politicians respected. Because of his incorruptible nature, he had been transferred very often. But, in the last few years, the chief minister of the state, who also happened to be home minister, Mr Surya Babu, had seen the positive sides of him, and he had been in the same district for the last couple of years, a record for his own service.

Last night, Srinivas led from the front in liquidating 2 members of the notorious Rambabu gang with the help of local Gajulamandyam police station staff. He arrived home at 3 AM in the morning. He was sleeping, and his sleep was broken by frantic pushes from his wife at 7 AM in the morning. Srinivas, too, was surprised to see the CM calling him at this odd hour. His surprise knew no bound when he heard the above-mentioned bizarre scolding. The CM had never spoken to him in this rude tone ever.

"What happened Sir?"

"Why? Haven't you read the morning newspapers?"

"Sorry Sir! What have they published?"

"What kind of officer are you? Are you unaware of the NRI lady kidnapping case in your district? Archana, a USA resident who arrived around a fortnight back in India from the USA was kidnapped on the first day of her arrival."

"Oh, that case in the Tirupathi East Police station! Yes Sir, I am aware of that case. A NRI lady named Archana arrived in her hometown in Tirupati on 18th January alone. On the same day, she was abducted by some unknown assailants from an unknown place."

"Unknown place? What are you talking man? Haven't you read the Andhra Today article? The article doesn't say so. It says she was kidnapped from Tirupati while going to the famous Tirumala Venkateswara Temple for offering puja. It also says the local police has done nothing for the last 17 days. Do you know how much damage it has caused to the reputation of my government? Do you know we have to face elections this year?" The CM fumed.

"Cool down Sir! If that's the news, I have got a good news for you." Srinivas had talked to the temperamental CM a few times. He knew the CM could evolve fire one moment, but the next moment he might cool down and behave in a sober manner.

"What good news? Tell me." The CM was anxious to hear the good news.

"Sir, we have checked all the CCTV footages in the temple region thoroughly. There had not been any case of kidnapping, or for that matter Ms Archana could be seen anywhere." Srinivas thought this would calm the nerves of the agitated CM.

"Oh Srinivas! You call this a good news? You might be relieved of your obligation, but don't forget she is an NRI hailing from my state. I have to find her to save my reputation. Have you found from where she was kidnapped?"

"This is a very complicated case Sir. For the last 15 years, she visits her hometown with her children. But, the timing is different. She visits India during late June with her entire family. While her husband Rajan visits his ancestral hometown in Visakhapatnam, she comes here with her two children, and stays here for a fortnight. But, this visit was completely different. She came alone, and she left home telling that she was going to visit the Tirumala Venkateswara Temple. But she never went there, and so far we could not ascertain where she was actually going."

"Hmm! So, you could not determine where and when she was abducted. What about her husband Rajan?"

"That's even more astonishing, Sir! Rajan was abducted from his hometown Visakhapatnam on the same day. He was going to meet his college friend Mr Suresh Rao, a renowned industrialist in our state, I am sure, you must have heard his name."

"Suresh Rao? Yes, I know him very well. He has established a chain of factories in my state that gives employment to thousands of people. What is the relationship between the two?"

"They both studied in the same IIT Sir. As far as I have gathered information, Rajan had become jobless in the US. He decided to settle in India, and start his career anew. Suresh Sir wanted to employ him as his chief advisor. He was going to meet Mr Reddy, the local SBI manager before meeting Suresh ji in Hyderabad. But, he never reached the bank. I talked to the SP of Visakhapatnam, my colleague, Khan, about the case. They, too, could not ascertain where Rajan was abducted."

'Oh my! What's happening in my state? Thank God, that case was not reported in the newspaper! Anyways, I order you to put your 100 percent to solve the case as soon as possible. I will also direct Khan to do the same. You can call me any time for any help, and assure you 100% assistance."

"Ok Sir! I will try my best to solve the case as soon as possible hence onwards!"

Srinivas heaved a sigh, as he saw the call was cut from the CM.

To be continued ​

katchibinanda, Riverstream and Mistt like this.
  10. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

@Tamrakshar There were no clues on how and whom had abducted both Archana & Rajan. I'm very enthusiastic about how you are going to weave the plot.:thumbsup:

Tamrakshar likes this.