Learning German

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by wish4miracle, May 25, 2020.

1. wish4miracle

wish4miracle Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    I am interested to learn German language. I am not in position to join a full time course. Can do only self study.
    Please let me know some good ways to approach learning this language. I know pronounciation is important. I am trying duolingo app, few books on grammar and vocabulary and trying watching videos as well.

Is there anything I can do to contribute more on it. Is there any language center like cambly where people exchange conversations to learn German. Also is it safe?
    Thanks in advance.

2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

German embassies and consulates would render best advise and guide in your endeavour to speak write and learn. You can make a e-mail request.

2. Watching German films movies exhibits and reading magazines ( free from embassy/ consulate) would facilitate easy understanding.

3. In chennai maxmuller Bhavan conducts courses in learning German language.
    Best wishes.

Regards.

wish4miracle likes this.
  3. wish4miracle

wish4miracle Silver IL'ite

Thank u sir for the guidance.
    I have not tried the first point. Will try it.
    As of now am following the second option through you tube. The only set back here to develop speaking skills.
    Third option is bit expensive for me right now. We tried to find a slot as external (without attending their course but writing only their exam) but we couldnt get one.
    They informed us that slots are very limited for external applicants in Chennai.