1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mother's Day Of A Mother!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Srama, May 12, 2020.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Syamala,

we all do things to please others in our lives, especially our loved ones! That said I have to say that I dodged a bullet with that breakfast thingie :)
    I did have a good day! Hope your day was nice too! Thank you for your feedback!

2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Phew!
    It is interesting to see children during this lock down too - I want to do more but my hands are tied. Hopefully all of us will come out stronger from this lock down.

I am beginning to learn that no matter when, learning is learning and hopefully all that will stand them in good stead going forward. Come to think of it, even as much as we empathize, it is only when an experience happens we understand better - even then it is unique to us! We are truly a complex beings :anguished: very fascinating ones though!

3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Nuss,

That is the sweetest thing ever - wild flowers in your favorite colors!
    Glad you had such a lovely day. Kids at that age are the sweetest and I love their complete concentration, belief and joy in what they are doing. It is such a blessing. enjoy!

Keep reminding that and it is so much fun to see their reactions change as they grow!
    A friendly banter as they get to be teenagers is even better!

Thank you for responding here @nuss. Always so so nice to hear from you!

nuss likes this.
  4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sabitha,

Mother's Day has been a challenge for me for many years as my wife's birthday comes the following week. Chocolates and flowers excite her always so much but how many times we can do it within a week? This time, I simply decided to post a message for her birthday which she ended up celebrating with friends. The friends arranged a surprise birthday party for her in a house but managed social distancing as well. She brought a huge cake for all of us to eat.

Let me get back to the message I sent:

"My Dear _____,

Many more happy returns of the day. I am so blessed to have you in my life. A mere thanks will not be enough to respond to what you do to make a change in my life.

With love".

I thought she didn't even look at the WhatsApp message attached with the customized greetings until I received a response from her the next day (my birthday - Yes, we celebrate birthdays two consecutive days).

"The best greeting ever from the person whom I admire and respect the most".

Kamla and Srama like this.
  5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear V sir,

Looks like it was time for complete celebration in your family! Glad both of you had such a wonderful time. Belated Happy Birthday to you and please extend Birthday wishes to Mrs.V as well and hope she had a even fabulous mother's day. I am glad she had such a wonderful time on her special day. This year should especially be special for everyone. I am seeing a lot of people placing birthday messages in their yards and asking for honks. It is fun - something to be rememebered. I understand your conundrum - all coming together can be fun too. I have a couple of friends whose birthdays fall on Christmas day. I always choose wish a Happy birthday and then go back wish a merry christmas :)

Viswamitra likes this.
  6. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Srama likes this.
  7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Belated, a Very Belated Birthday greetings to you Viswa and to your wife!! Many Happy Returns!

L, Kamla

Srama and Viswamitra like this.
  8. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Kamla @Kamla,

First things first. Why, this is simply brilliant - celebrate Hallmark card days with handmade cards! Now, I am never going to complain about Hallmark card days - not that I need a reason to celebrate. Like you, happy to do that anytime.

Thank you for responding here. It is nice to see you more and more here. I know you are a very indulgent mother and I am not at all surprised that you ate breakfast as and when it was served! If DD insists I might do it but then knowing I don't like it, she may not :) Regarding that fitbit, you know I would trust more that you indeed walked those steps than to discount, knowing you! Did I ever tell you that one time when I was visiting a school the principal was speaking about how the school gave every highschooler a fitbit to get them to be more active and they noticed a spike in the step count only to realize that all that students were doing was holding the fitbit in their hands and shaking them, adding to their step count.

Hope you had a wonderful Mother's day too! Thank you for writing here again -- I so love it and have missed it.

9. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

Same here dear @Srama- always nice to hear from you. Reading your posts always bring smile on my face.

Srama likes this.