1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Any Tips Or Home Remedies For Ear Pain / Blocked.

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by gknew, May 22, 2020.

1. AmulB

AmulB Silver IL'ite

I will get checked and dr would give me antibiotics for 5days and I take those and it gets better. For me Ear infection comes with ear ache, snapping sounds, sometimes discharge... and headaches. Sometimes cold air or ac or keeping the fan on through night can bother my ears. As long as sinus is there ear problems are common... so focus should be on treating sinus to get rid of ear problems. I always focused on fixing ear and also ended up w surgery.. to realize I have sinuses that’s creating ear problems. And if sinus was under control I wouldnot have gone to the stage of surgery... a good Ent will evaluate after all scans and after performing tests.

gknew likes this.
  2. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Thank you so much.
    I have the same... Ear ache with snapping sounds. This time it's completely blocked with burning pain inside. I had many episodes of sinus and always end up with 5 days of antibiotics. I have checked with ENT recently.
    Thanks for your inputs.

3. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

I also see that urgent care centres allow tele visit appointments. I am not sure if the ear pain appointment can be seen without in person visit. I am planning to call them and ask if they can do that.

4. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

An update here for those who follow this thread or if someone like me hesitate to go to a doctor office during this pandemic.
    My ear pain was worse yesterday and I did go to the urgent care. I scheduled an online visit and they told me to come for a visit since it's ear problem.
    I was so hesitant to go to an urgent care at this time. But they were following safety measures and social distance in the waiting room.
    They did check my ear and throat. No ear infection. They said it might be sinus infection or tooth issue since I have swelling on the lower end of the jaw. They gave me antibiotics for 5 days. Asked me to go to dentist if I have swelling and jaw pain /ear pain after 5 days.
    I also have sinus congestion. Have to wait and see how it goes.

blindpup10 likes this.
  5. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

I am glad you went to UC. Hope you feel better.

gknew likes this.