1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

The Power Of Fitness! - Part 2

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by anika987, Jan 8, 2020.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Part 1 was about food and lifestyle changes.

Now it is time for “workouts”:)

Whatever said in part 1 if followed properly will guarantee weight loss.
    However..if you want a leaner body,toned and fit workouts come to play.

GET STRONG is the mantra.

There are various types of workouts which one can add to their schedule but am personally going to jot down things I personally love and do.

1) YouTube videos:-

If one cannot workout outside due to varied reasons,there are lot of videos for power walking,toning,strength training to lose weight.However,with strength training I advice to take few classes as one need to get to know the proper form else it will give adverse results.

2) Yoga:-

I love yoga but I do not use it for weight loss.It is more to develop physical strength,flexibility and stretch my body.If one want to use to for weight loss,one can do the poses many times,Surya namaskar can go upto 108 times and when you are really get awesome with the advanced poses..it can reap great benefits.Try to incorporate yoga,if not for weight loss but for more flexibility especially as we get older.

3) Kick boxing:-

The frustration can be vented out crazy.I love it and feel like a boxer.Its great for emotional strength.

4) Zumba:-

Loveeeeee it.Great cardio and nothing like Zumba which makes me feel very happy at the end of the workout.

5) Skip rope:-

If you want a quick workout with maximum results,try skip rope.Even 5 minutes will do wonders to your body.faster weight loss.Tabata is another workout which can be done quickly and heap good results.

6) Walking :-

It’s great but walk alone with some music.Do not chit chat and walk.Be mindful.Try to go uphill,downhill,steep places,walk the stairs,backwards,challenge yourself.

7) Exercise machines:-

I am not a big fan of treadmills and ellipticals but you can sprint,you can walk ,use elevations and it helps weight loss.However,doing the same thing is not only monotonous but one will be struck with a plateau.Try to do it alternate days with different levels.works best that way.

8) Pilates :-

it’s great and takes amazing strength.Try a class to find out if it’s right for you.

9) Step up classes:-

Do not do it much anymore but loved it. It’s great and needs more focus.

10) strength training:-

Absolute favorite and the best! Once you lose weight,one need not even do much cardio anymore! Strength training is more than enough!
    As women grow older,it is a must for our bones.However..without proper instructions please do not start.

so the above workouts incorporated will give a great body.

Last but not the least, weight loss should be done only for you.Everyone has their idea of ideal weight and we should reach a weight where we are personally comfortable with,happy and healthy.

choose workouts that fit your lifestyle and liking.One thing will not work for all.Once you love your workout,you will automatically do it without any struggle! Do not do something without liking it.Just not worth It.

All the best to all who want to lose weight ,develop a healthier lifestyle and stick to it.

I have shared what I have tried,tested and worked for me and hope it will benefit people who are serious about weight loss or developing their fitness levels.:)

abcd5, Saahasi, Laks09 and 3 others like this.

2. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Also,apart from the above..one has to be active throughout the day.Even basic things like getting up and taking water,do not seek help.Do it yourself as the exercise workouts in the morning wil energize and help burn calories throughout the day if you are active.

3. traveldream

traveldream Senior IL'ite

Great suggestions.

My only complaint is about point 6... Walking for me is as much about connecting with others by chit chatting etc as it is about getting an exercise. Without the updates I get from my friends while I walk ...........the only time I make for socializing on a regular basis, I might as well live in an island.

anika987 likes this.
  4. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Your point of view is correct as well.However, when you are mindful,you not only challenge yourself better but also emotionally it relaxes you and you feel more connected with yourself.It is your time and makes you feel grounded.
    You feel better focus.

Try this once in a while apart from regular walks with friends.It will be a different feeling

traveldream likes this.
  5. Saahasi

Saahasi Silver IL'ite

Thank you so much for this post Anika.It really helps.How many days in a week should one exercise to lose weight? Some say everyday, while some are suggesting 4/5 days a week. Plz suggest.

anika987 likes this.
  6. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I usually workout 5 days a week.Rest days couple of days and if I feel very good,I workout for six days.

Listen to your body.Don't push yourself too much. I get sore after upper body workout and next day either it is just lower body or a rest day.I make sure to take one or two days so that the body recovers.

7. Saahasi

Saahasi Silver IL'ite

Ok thanks, will take a day or 2 off depending on my body’s response.I am also wondering if I can exercise during periods.I suffer from PMS.I find mixed response to this query.What’s your take on this?

anika987 likes this.
  8. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

It is ok to exercise without overdoing.Exercise can help with cramps.However..my energy levels are low during that time and I take rest and relax.I feel what is the point of exerting myself.Instead,I take good rest,slip in a cheat meal and start working out after the fourth day:) Rest is very important as much as exercise.Everything should be in balance.

Saahasi likes this.
  9. Generous

Generous Bronze IL'ite

@anika987 I live in Dubai, now the weather is getting very hot(its summer time)....before i use to workout at home without fan or AC on but now in this weather cant even stand in a room for few minutes without AC on.
    Is it ok to workout at home with AC on, but again there wont be any/much sweating?

10. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I understand the situation.It's ok as these days many gyms are air conditioned.During winters,we have gym temp around 65f and workout in locked areas.
    Make sure to maintain room temperature and not over cool the room.

Generous likes this.