Finest Posts - Nominations For May 2020

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, May 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Thank you Shri Viswa for nominating my snippet. Yes making enquiries is the first step.

Viswamitra likes this.
  2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Viswamitra
    My dear Viswa
    Thanks a lot for your nomination of @BeautifulSmile 's Sporting Spirit Among Our Gods
    Who has not gone through that phase of life that BeautifulSmile laments about? Like you have pointed out, even men go through this phase. Some 55 years back, when I joined the State Bank, I felt so harassed that I was about to walk out even before I received my first pay check. Unlike these days, there were no expert counselors who would help us to deal with the depressing scenario. But I carried on with grit and determination for 25 years. No life is worth living if it does not throw challenges at us all the time.
    I have written a few days back in my profile post 'You’re stronger and more resilient than you imagine. Remember fear is the key to unlock your true potential.'
    I really mean it.
    Sri

Last edited: May 22, 2020
  3. Cheeniya

@Viswamitra
    My dear Viswa
    Thanks again for your second nomination of @HariLakhera 's Sporting Spirit Among Our Gods
    I am with you that Ramana Maharshi's self inquiry is the best way to unravel the mysteries of life within. We are so bogged down with the physical life that spiritual inquiry is getting far beyond our comprehension.
    The lectures of Maha Periyava of Kanchi have been brought out in seven volumes titled 'Voice of the Divine'. They answer all our questions on every aspect of our life and our understanding of it.
    No one can tap our mental faculty as Hari. He is the Guruji of IL.
    Sri

4. Cheeniya

@Viswamitra
    My dear Viswa
    Thank you for your third nomination in a row of @jayasala42 's Amma, Where Are You?
    jayasala never fails to amaze me. We have heard all about her elders, her life in the distant past and the travails she has gone through. No matter what the subject is, she can keep us enthralled. This one that she has written about her mother on Mother's Day is beautifully emotional. There was a famous Tamil writer named La.Sa.Ra who wrote several outstanding stories. Every one of them extolled the love and virtues of mother, his mother.
    jayasala reminds me of him.
    Sri

Viswamitra and Thyagarajan like this.
  5. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Viswa for nominating my tribute to Amma in connection with Mother's Day.Thank you Cheeniya Sir for the kind remarks.
    jayasala42

Viswamitra likes this.
  6. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

Raising vegetable plants is like raising your own children and it requires a lot of time and effort besides love. I am here to nominate @blindpup10's thread titled My Backyard Garden. The photographs she shared speaks volumes of her devotion to the garden.

7. BeautifulSmile

BeautifulSmile Silver IL'ite

thank you @Viswamitra sir for nominating me. I never thought someone will see so much positiveness in my post. this itself means a lot to me.

8. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks so much for the nomination. I hope it inspires others to grow as well.

9. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:My revered guru @Cheeniya Sir,
    Here is my another nomination for current month May 2020
    A fabric woven into a great post with lots of details connecting her mom and her plight with making a drawstring in her post no. Six of today
    Sew A Drawstring, Ye Seamstress

The details transported me to the days when I was twelve sat with mom to Learn to sew with Singer machine foot pedal - manual type. A super way to stitch and sew in time of COVID 19. I read it after reading your lovely narration in the post that mentions of mother at 96 of 2009.

Both these posts flooded my memories and eyes this morning.
    Thanks and Regards.

God I mean Godess - can be everywhere in Mothers of the world.

Nuzhath likes this.
  10. Cheeniya

@Viswamitra
    My dear Viswa
    Thanks a lot for your nomination of @blindpup10 's My Backyard Garden
    When I went through blindpup's post I remembered what Cicero said, 'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need in your life'
    I am fully aware of the virtues of having a library and that makes me only half contented going by Cicero's words. I have never dabbled in gardening ever in my life. My equation with gardening is that I am a very appreciative end-user of it! blindpup has caused a pang in my heart for having missed the other half of Cicero's prescription. Wonderfully creative thread that is further embellished by @MalStrom.
    Sri

blindpup10, MalStrom and Viswamitra like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.