1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

How Do You Manage Without Parlour...

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by messedup, May 8, 2020.

1. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

Hello Everyone!! My question is clear with the title itself.

Now we can see that it will take lots of time to open up those services and also many threats are there to attend the parlor in near future.

There must be something some of you might be doing for their beauty care. From simple threading to waxing and all other things that we used to get done from our parlor visits.

Please share what you all are doing. It will help some other women like me who are ignoring themselves.

Thanks and Regards
    :wave:

gknew, KashmirFlower and anika987 like this.

2. Archanaanchan

Archanaanchan IL Hall of Fame

Hi Op,
    I usually take some home available stuffs like the turmeric, besan, the milk fat , milk and lot of other things and do a face pack before taking bath. A lot of tweezers are available to do the eyebrows that could be used temporarily to shape brows. As I am hairy and need to rid of all the unwanted hair I either shave or wax.

shravs3 likes this.
  3. Archanaanchan

Archanaanchan IL Hall of Fame

You could also make a face pack of the seasonal fruits available and that can make you look so fresh.

4. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I like this thread:)

I am using an eyebrow remover pencil.Painless and you get it in amazon.

Waxing..as of now honestly I don’t care..but I use a razor which is wrong but it’s ok at these times:)

I just cut my nails.Not doing home pedi or mani.Just filing and keeping it neat.
    That’s all..

I usually do not apply anything or face and I believe what we eat reflects on the outside be it our figure or skin.Lots of water,good diet,adequate exercise and good sleep are the best beauty secrets.

gknew likes this.
  5. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Frankly telling mask is saving my face :grin:
    And using some face masks sheets which I brought long time ago.
    For body hair removal using Veet.

Last edited: May 8, 2020
    Archanaanchan likes this.
  6. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello: The news has it that to make him presentable to audience, spouse of a North Indian MLA or MP had taken to scissors and knife to give him the handsome countenance. The member on public platform proclaimed this info.

2. COVID lockdown had granted men and women great opportunities to learn the art of grooming shaping and styling that results in enormous savings.
    Since this question is put to those who depend on parlours i presume I should not venture into this domain to record my POVs.

3. I happened to visit my affluent friend - a retired Army major tall & stocky - was busy with snipping scissors into the tresses - locks- of his better half while she was given to texting her friend. Seeing my knitting eyebrow, she said that they take turns with scissors to trim and look presentable the other! Lockdown or no lockdown. Ways of life or Life is Like That.
    Thanks and Regards.

Last edited: May 8, 2020
    messedup likes this.
  7. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

Thank You @Archanaanchan @anika987 @shravs3 for the reply.

@Archanaanchan I used to apply such packs earlier. But now with kids don't get time to think about it. Thanks for reminding me.

@anika987 eyebrow remover pencil seems great. Will try looking for that.

@shravs3 Pardah hai Pardah...but be prepared for the time when curtains will fall down. :cheer:just joking:p thanks for sharing.

shravs3, Archanaanchan and anika987 like this.
  8. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

Thank You for the reply sir. That's really sweet to help each other. But not all couple are like that. :rolleyes:
    It's saving for those who has got some skills but for others it could be disastrous. ;)
    Thanks for sharing your experience. :)

Thyagarajan likes this.
  9. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

I never have undergone facial in parlour due to sensitive skin and acne issues so I’m always using home made face packs or packs bought from store..I use razors and ready made wax strips such as Veet bought from store for arms and legs removal...for eyebrows I’m looking at different options like facial epilators etc , They aren’t available much online due to restrictions on shipping during lockdown..but saw many reasonably priced options online for eyebrows shaping and facial hair removal products which I can order shortly....in my case I had got my eyebrows done sometime in February prior to this Covid issue ..and I am not having lot of hair growth in eyebrows to need immediate attention, has slowed down since past couple of years with regular threading...so I let them be and gain some thickness...I think I would give it another few weeks or a month before I do something about my eyebrows!

messedup likes this.
  10. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for sharing...:)

Needtobestrong likes this.