1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Indusladies Will You Let Me Delete My Account? This Is Scary Than Cambridge Analytica Identity Theft

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by lukywife, Apr 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

2. hino

hino Silver IL'ite

Admin is enjoying while you are fighting for rights. :roflmao::banana:
    unfortunately, some of us realized after 10 yrs :) data is not safe ..
    Soon thread will be closed until further notice :)

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
    GoogleGlass likes this.
  3. rachaputi

Issue isn't for personal favour to request(where we use at doctors or govt works), this is for the sake of ILites.
    Option is mandatory that an official website to facilitate members to gain trust.

And again about data damage,
    When OP's question itself being deleted, why would careabout the answers of participants? And the ratings and rankings at the cost of OP's personal space? No OP would scare if their thread is completely subjective..

sbonigala and SinghManisha like this.
  4. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

step by step

self quarantine
    quarantine at hospital
    discharged or mortuary :)

i mean the thread :):):)

sbonigala, hino and Anusha2917 like this.
  5. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

OK. By that reasoning, if an OP's post iitself in a thread like "100 days of Positivity" or "Time Management" is deleted, why care about the answers of participants in that thread. Fine!

6. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

I don't think the admins/site owners/moderators are even bothered to enhance some features in this site.

"Gaadi chal rahi hai ,chalne dho" is their mindset now.

Waste of our time to put forth our for and against points in this thread anymore.

Good day peeps.. :grinning::beer-toast1:

And people creating fake IDs to maintain anonymity -my word for them "Aish karo you have moderators on your side "

Clicking "Unwatch thread "

7. rachaputi

That is what I pointed out dear..

Why would someone asks to delete a thread if it's not a threat to her personal space and that too once after getting so much hype? Even if they asked, doesn't it mean the reason serious threat to her/him, those participants definitely not more imp than her issues.

Now I couldn't able to delete above blank post (here i no need to answer why I want to)
    Once after posting, imay change my mind to not, so wanna delete, then? I just don't want to show up to people that I tried to post something, but it can erase only msg not my participation..

8. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

At least the Edit option could be enabled for longer period of time instead of 10 minutes for sensitive forums like relationship forum.

sbonigala and SinghManisha like this.
  9. boredatwork

boredatwork Bronze IL'ite

@Rihana
    Do you also go back to InLaws problems of a specific user and read about what to do when X happens? Its possible but highly unlikely. The issue is about such threads and what happens when sensitive information that is recognizable is read by the wrong person. In any case,the concerns that you raise are well known in the world of online communities and forums and their administrators around the world have grappled with this exact issue of messy management of DB and loss of continuity in threads once accounts are deleted. Based on the sensitivity and the core values of the community they represent there are at least 2 solutions IL can choose from.
    1. Increase the edit window available to a user indefinitely. This is very common among forums like students of universities, parents /patients support group for various issues.
    2. Delete/edit selective sensitive information and once the user wishes to de-active the account anonymize the user name to something like user12343434. Anonymized usernames cannot be search parameter.That way while the continuity within a thread is not lost it is no longer trivial to get all information about a single username.(There I have give you an entire product spec. Not hard to implement at all).
    1 as you can see is a solution where they value and trust their members and put them first.
    2. Is a middle ground most businesses adopt where bottom line is important. Not ideal but livable.
    There are more creative solutions that can be explored. There is a lack of willingness in the IL management to implement changes that benefit the users. At least stop pretending that you care about the women who come here with their problems. You don't.

sbonigala, SinghManisha and shravs3 like this.
  10. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Exactly!!

SinghManisha and hino like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.