1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Indusladies Will You Let Me Delete My Account? This Is Scary Than Cambridge Analytica Identity Theft

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by lukywife, Apr 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@sbonigala
    By principal members, I meant all the ladies for whom this site was started. As a matter of fact, even I have no business to be here!

2. sbonigala

sbonigala Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for the reply sir.
    Will be great if you can answer my other questions.

Whether you have a reason or not , you are the super moderator here and thats not going to help if you cannot give solution to the problem.
    Sir, the point here is not whether you have a reason to be here.
    The point ,instead, is : What can IL do to make users life easy and ease the trauma after a post has been made !!

Instead of considering the solutions suggested by users (anonymous posts) or brainstorming for new ideas to implement the change, giving responses like "users can create new user accounts" , "stop logging in" only suggests that nobody wants to be accountable for anything here.

There may be so many people with multiple accounts here on IL. I have been a member from almost 9 years and have always refrained from using fake ids. That's unethical and that's just not me !

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
  3. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Well then posting as anonymous option can be made available only to the registered users.
    It could be just a code change which makes the button visible only for the registered users.

And if at all the posts are inappropriate just like always there is an option to report and close the thread.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
  4. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

That’s me :beer-toast1:

5. sbonigala

sbonigala Platinum IL'ite

I would have said "Welcome to IL" - that's my standard first line when I reply to new ILites. But the way your posts are articulated, the way you are heavily supporting the policy - I highly doubt you are new. I am very much certain that you are one of those "Create a new user account" ids.

The point here is not what choices can the user make before posting. The point is what options does the user have after the post is published.

There are many other forums and we all know that very well. Lets talk about the forum we are members of and what rules apply here and what we wish to change for our mental wellness.

You completely missed the point of discussion here.

6. hino

hino Silver IL'ite

frustation is in peaks during covid-19 lockup. keep going...

7. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

As IL may loose advertisers, if enough registered members not there? So not giving delete/deactivate account option?

8. rachaputi

I don't understand one thing here why would someone needed to speak sugarcoated for one's right? It isn't a favour it's user right, and admin duty to do it.

If I wanted to delete my fb account I will go just click delete account, why would I need to request or beg them..

9. rachaputi

And these flowers on hills, here co-operate ladies, damage to data(is it like FIR?) Etc.. so and so childish excuses and brag of the site..

When a user asked her/himself to delete their post/account how would itcan be data damage? Can you explain technicality of this straight cut..

But no straight answer anyone can see..

10. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

IL should seriously look into the issues raised by the ladies here or stop acting like a forum for the interest of women.

1) Look into letting posters edit their posts . The post can show *edited* so that any one who reads the thread knows that the post has been changed and read it accordingly.

2) Let people delete their accounts.

3) Let prople change their usename.

Why does only ragini have that privilege?
    Why are some posters treated differently ?

I choose not to post any problems I may be going through in my life just for the reasons posted in the op.
    I have also made enough fictional stuff about me to keep my privacy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.