1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hell Me

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by Jas82688, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Jas82688

Jas82688 Silver IL'ite

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020

2. AmulB

AmulB Silver IL'ite

So so sorry to hear about ur loss. I feel your pain and sorrow from loss of ur dear mother. Please stay strong. It’s not ur mistake.. I don’t know how to console u at this situation but. Try to get busy and this is really very unfortunate and helpless situation and bad timing due to Covid situation that u were unable to visit ur mom. It’s none of ur fault. Don’t blames urself.. everyone is stuck with some or other situation with the pandemic going on. It’s bad luck... hang on. Stay strong and keep as much busy to keep ur mind occupied.

3. Jas82688

Jas82688 Silver IL'ite

Sorry for deleting my post .. I will write again in few words ..

I lost my mom due to brain stroke .. am not a ke to attend her funeral because am in US .. have small kids to take care

When she hospitalized all I did was chanting maha mruthunjaya mantra read sacharitra listen to aarthi.. what did I do wrong why god did not save my mother .. she is not too old ..

If I see her one last time I would not have this much pain .. am feeling like dying .. all of sudden emptiness came in my life .. nothing is making me to move forward job or family.

Just for kids am surviving .. I lost in appetite crying all night inside outside ..

Am getting angry on god am loosing belief in him ..what kind of grave mistakes I did so I did not get a chance to see my mom .. is it fair for him to do for me ..

I always had a dream to bring my mom to my home and do service for her .. but she was sick ever since I got settled in life .. when she was healthy I was not not able to spend lot of time due to my job in other state on India ..

These thoughts are killing me inside .. am shouting on kids and husband ..

Will I ever be normal out if this guilt .. I still feel like I made a mistake which I can never correct ..

Am crying to sleep in mom lap rest in her arms forever .. am not feeling hungry just asking god every time why you did for me ..

I have been facing lot of troubles thorough out my life but never made me to stop living .. but loosing my mom is making to die day by day .. no one to console me .. am not sure what to do ..

How can I help my self my kids my family am shattering collapsing slowly ..

4. Jas82688

Jas82688 Silver IL'ite

I may not be able to reply for those who responded but my sincere thanks to all of you .. I will read all your responses .. I don’t know currently whom to share my feelings ..

5. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

I am so sorry for your loss, Jas.

6. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

So sorry for your loss! God give you strength Jas.
    May your mother soul rest in peace!

7. Angela123

Angela123 Gold IL'ite

Jas,
    It is normal to behave this way after a loss. You have to grieve and forgive yourself in order to get to the other side. And loss of a loved one is not that easy to get over with. So give yourself time. Grieve as you needed. But if you think you need help please reach out to people, talk to friends or family or even a doctor if needed. When kids are small they do not understand why you behave the you do. So if you need help taking care of them ask help from your husband. Take time to pull yourself together. No matter what life must go on, your mothers death was not in your control. Having you not by her side at that time will drive you guilty but it will not make your love for her any less. So do not forget the good memories you have with her while you grieve and do not be so hard on yourself. These things happen, please learn to forgive yourself. Your kids need you when this is over and your mother would want you to be a good mother to your kids. You will get through this!

8. winterhue

winterhue Gold IL'ite

Jas, I lost my mother 3 years ago. She was supposed to come to the USA with me , but last minute, we changed her travel plans because of some issues. Two days later, she passed away (not a natural death,have posted about it before).

The guilt has always been within me - I completely understand your anger towards god , I felt that way for almost a year after she passed away . Sometimes still do, and I ask the same questions you do - why god why?Why my mom? Why me? We were all so devote and she was the most religious and spiritual person around. Still why this cruelty?

I know better than anyone that whatever someone says, it wont matter. It is easy to say that there is no use thinking of the IFs and BUTs , but you will feel this way for some time. Let yourself feel the anger, let yourself cry and let yourself mourn and grieve.

Your husband may not understand it , so there is no use in shouting at him and the kids, but slowly you will find your rhythm. The mistake I made was to bottle up all my emotions and not allow myself to grieve. Try not to do that. If you need a break from day to day activities and stay in bed, do it. Tell your husband you need that time. Meanwhile, do you have siblings to talk to?

I would also strongly suggest to see a grief counselor/therapist - I did not do it and I greatly regret it. There are groups like "Grief share" , that are just a bunch of people who share their experiences with grief. You may feel good if you talk to a bunch of strangers . Try to google and see if there is something like that locally.
    PM me if you need someone to talk to. I completely understand how it feels and NO ONE should have to go through it alone. It doesn't get better, it doesn't get less painful, but you get stronger. Believe me.

9. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

So sorry for your loss. May her soul rest in peace.

10. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

So so sorry for your loss. Feeling very bad after reading your post. Om Shanthi. May God give you the courage and strength in these testing times.