Finest Posts - Nominations For April 2020

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Apr 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

What can I say!
    Reading good posts and nominating them for the Finest Posts could be one way to get rid of the blues of Corona. Listen to the wisdom of 0lder generations. Nominate! :clapclap:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please note that posts and threads from the sub-forums Express Cafe, Forward Messages & Jokes, Online Games & Puzzles are not for nomination.

Nominations are accepted on the strict understanding that they are original writings of the Poster. If it comes to our notice that it is copied, the nomination will be removed with a note that it is a copied piece and hence deleted.

To familiarize yourselves with FP and its nominating process, please check this link below:
    Finest Posts of IL
    Each member is allowed to nominate up to 4 posts only. This will not include your seconding of a nomination. In other words, only your primary nominations will be accounted towards the permitted four nominations.
    This ensures that each of us have a hand in deciding the winning post as we will filter our choice more closely, thus making the winner more significant.

The nominations will be closed on the last day of every month. Simultaneously, the nomination thread for the following month will be opened on the First day of that month.

In case of nominating FBs, please remember to add a link to the FB and not to the original post.

The following gives step-wise on adding links to your nominations –

- To add a link to the original post that you are nominating:
    How to add a "Link" in my post?

- To add a link to the FB that you are nominating:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/fa....html#post6653

2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

I am surprised that I am the first one to nominate this month. I am here to nominate Meena Shankaran's thread My Own, My Precious. Whenever I read her thread, I feel happy as though I had a dip in Mahamagakulam. She comes once in a while and makes me laugh so much reading her thread. She is the only one who could make this scary situation bright with her brilliant sense of humor.

3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:I too felt in the same boat. Am joining you in nominating @meenasankaran ’s post ibid.

Thanks and Regards.

4. Cheeniya

@Viswamitra @Thyagarajan
    My dear Viswa
    Thanks a lot for your nomination of @meenasankaran 's My Own, My Precious

and thank you Thyagu for promptly seconding it. I tell you Thyagu you are the greatest Seconder of nominations on this part of the globe!
    And coming to Meena, will you tell her how much I hate her? Honestly. She thinks she is the sage Thirumoolar who wrote just one manthiram every year. She comes here once a year and sweeps us off our feet with her brand of delightful humor. Even Corona can be a subject for her humor!
    I repeat. I hate her. HATE HER.
    Sri

5. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

My first nomination for April 2020 is this article by @Viswamitra sir. I know I know he has a request to not nominate his post for finest post but hey if we come across a good write up we are duty bound to nominate it. So I'll nominate it anyway whether or not it's considered for giving the award. :blush::blush:

Engaging Children

Viswamitra and Thyagarajan like this.
  6. Viswamitra

@Anusha2917,

It is so humbling to know that this thread is worthy of nominating here. Thank you. Cheeniya Sir also said that he would still let my threads be nominated here even though no award will be given at my request, because it may increase the audience for the specific thread. I am sincerely looking forward to parents of children under the age of 12 write what they are doing to manage children (in this thread) as it would be a great learning experience for all the parents. That will be the greatest reward for me. :biggrin:

Thyagarajan and Cheeniya like this.
  7. Cheeniya

@Anusha2917
    Dear Anusha
    Thanks a lot for your nomination of @Viswamitra 's Engaging Children
    This is a post that everyone should read in the present situation and Viswa has hit his target group here.
    A clarion call indeed!
    Sri

Viswamitra and Thyagarajan like this.
  8. Viswamitra

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

Thank you for your response to the nomination by @Anusha2917 and for pointing out that I am looking for feedback from the parents of children below 12 years to share their experience so that others can benefit. This thread could become a platform for parents to exchange ideas so that every parent can benefit.

9. meenasankaran

meenasankaran Platinum IL'ite

Dear @Viswamitra and @Thyagarajan sirs, I am humbled by your nomination of my post. Thank you both very much. I had almost given up on writing ever as I simply couldn't think of anything to write in the past few years. It was a big relief to finally be able to write something and now a big honor that it got nominated to this elite forum by you both. Thanks a lot. :smiley::worship2::worship2:

@Cheeniya - If I didn't know you any better, I would be heartbroken now. :D No more anger Sri uncle. Let it go.

10. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya sir, I would like to nominate Sabitha's FB on my . A postFirst Life Then Food A perceptive , balanced and well written response to the issues I had raised.

Srama and Viswamitra like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.