Do People “really” Have Clean Homes All The Time??

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by anika987, Apr 11, 2020.

1. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

This! 100%

anika987 and Rihana like this.
  2. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

A place filled with life, light, love, and laughter! So true!

anika987 likes this.
  3. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

Agreed :beer-toast1:

anika987 likes this.
  4. Novalis

Novalis Gold IL'ite

Your vent will wane on my mention. I am that someone who demands a month's notice from visitors to tidy up her place. Exigent cases will be considered at a week's notice to visit my place. Even the urgent fly-by visits below that threshold will be locked out. Tu kaisi bhi hai, kahan bhi hai, feel triumphant over an under-performing Novalis who ranks below you in good housekeeping.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
    Vaikuntha and anika987 like this.
  5. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

The point is ..Is it a sin I want some help in keeping my home clean??

Fight with hubby today..I asked him to make sure kids clean up the papers scattered on the floor before they are off the bed.He got irritated and told me am torturing him asking everything to be clean.

He doesn’t seem bothered.Just coz am a homemaker..why shouldn’t I ask for some help?To maintain the home,shouldn’t everybody chip in a bit??

I am not asking to clean but maintain!!
    Just picking up the clothes lying down and put it in the Laundary basket when you walk away.Just don’t look at it and walk away!!

I don’t understand if this is what a woman is born for!!

Even if you are working outside,many women do not get family help for home clean and adjust.

I am just asking to maintain what I just cleaned up!! I didn’t ask for anything more.

The same with my mil.Her home she will keep it clean of course with house help BUT when she comes here..She will sit cross legged and I will be vacuuming in front of her..and happily she will comb her hair and throw the fallen hair in the floor!! It kills me literally..

At my mom’s home..how much love I got!! I feel it is a sin to even get married.

My sincere advice to women is do not get married at all.Be independent,be in our country,hire a house help to clean the home and live happily the way you want to.Have good friends,travel a lot and live life with the flow.

That’s the best way to be happy.Dont get into this marriage trap,have kids,get tied up with responsibilities according to the “norms” of the world.

At least..I have to admit my hubby is basically a good person except that he gives zero help for the home.Even during periods,Little bit I ask for vessel wash he gets irritated.

If I had a rewind button..I would have worked hard,been independent and live alone happily.Read books,gym,Spend money on what we like.

My husband’s friend is this lady who is in a high corporate job,she never got married and is independent and happy.

All in all, Kudos to this generation kids who are living life their way!!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
  6. Caughtinbetween

Caughtinbetween Gold IL'ite

A lot of these things I so relate to it exactly and think the same way.
    Btw your frustration and vent made me smile :) your writing was free flowing similar to how these thoughts run in my mind . How many times I think I shouldnt have married and lived a free life ..its too late now :)

its the same situation at my house too. husband would stop doing any house work if he finds i have time to do it . i used to ask , nag , complain , taunt etc but it definitely didnt help me. then i stopped doing any thing extra , laundry is lying unfolded for almost a month now ...you take from the pile , you replenish back to it after laundry is done. only does very basic cleaning and would wait for aslong as it takes for him to clean the bathroom. will bring the laundry basket to the machine looking at which he offers help loading it . regarding dishes ..its usually less for me but i dont know how and why he would wash his plates and glasses if sink is empty or sometimes even if its not . i see it , but ignore . I'd let him prepare his coffee tea etc. cook only once for the day . i will only pick up toys after baby once or max twice sometimes other wise i will let the mess be . then he will clean up baby items atleast once during the day. he is like as long as you dont push him to do anything he is fine even if the things are left undone , he will not nag you as long as you dont ask him to do it . so i silently started leaving chores that i cant and minimized my work to a great extent . its been days gas is not used for anything else other than tea coffee milk . all cooking in ips only . i started venting now :facepalm: when everyone is at home and your work load has increased try to see if you can change few things here and there, make some amendments to your schedule , ignore and compromise on a few temporarily to give you some relaxed time .
    just wanted to say dont bother a lot about these things if possible . ignore as much as you can the golden advice :laughing: when i see around i always feel irrespective of whether you are working or not women always end up doing more of the chores .
    ofcourse none of these things could be possible in the presence of MIL ..she makes a big scene if her son gets up to do anything and he wont do it either . so this continues for as long as it can .

anika987 and Vaikuntha like this.
  7. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Dear sister @anika987,
    On the part of wife, it is force of habit to think to clean and keep things in apple pie order. But children find disarray is more harmony. Husbands’ universe utilise every available leisure to pursue their interest or whatever they keep close to their heart.
    Some men, participate wholeheartedly with their spouse only during weekends, or once in a blue moon in the project of upkeep of the house. Some couple insist only few areas always kept spick and span.
    Few husbands would be annoyed in the heart of heart when spouse demands alongside he be sweeping & swabbing the floor, kitchen sink, WC, Bathrooms but pretend as if they are available at her beck and call.
    Some shrewed hubbys, to avoid confrontation, would simply say “yes - yes” but would never shift from their couch or bed to begin or join the cleaning drive.

• Once my boy, returned from outdoor work and hurriedly went to his room upstairs and came back to ground floor hall in chaotic manner demanding to know who had cleaned his room wiping the dirt from his table. Our domestic help Shanthi tuned nervous, softly said, she did the cleaning and set right his room. He fumed, “oh my God, in the dirt settled on table, I wrote an important telephone number. How to get it now?”

Marriage and the upkeep of home & hearth it is all team work - who said this?

Thanks and Regards.

sarvantaryamini and anika987 like this.
  8. Angela123

Angela123 Gold IL'ite

This is me too. I make sure I clean the areas I use regularly - Kitchen, living and office space, and let go others. My kid is 8, and I make her clean what she played or done thru the house. Believe me it is a lot, but I am constantly behind her to get that done. As for DH, i have to argue with him every time to put his keys and wallet away.
    You are not alone, Anika. This week, I am behind
    - putting away the laundry. They are folded, but sitting in our living room, because no one wants to put it away.
    - kitchen floor and the hardwood floor cleaning, I can see the smudges, and it is driving me crazy.
    - All the sinks and bathtubs
    - yard work, never got around to do it.
    - My car is a mess, but since I will not be going out for next month, i dont bother cleaning it this week. I don't dare to look inside DH's car, as I know the situation and I am planning to blackmail him to do both cars when the weather gets better.
    - Garage situation is not too bad, because I am trying to remove or put away one thing when I am there. This helped me to clean up some areas. Still a long way to go.

i used to have cleaner house before the covid situation, because we used home less. I am cooking only once a day, but kitchen gets messy, I do dishes only in the evening.

So you are not alone!

Thyagarajan and anika987 like this.
  9. NOW

NOW Gold IL'ite

I share the same feeling exhausted from trying to manage everything at home. Past one month felt like a condensed version of my 15 years relation with husband. Yes, staying single is the best option!!!:weary:

anika987 and Vaikuntha like this.
  10. Vaikuntha

Vaikuntha Platinum IL'ite

So true! it is recap of married life so far!
    Global Pandemic and my married life!- makes a good title for a blog, of course anonymous :)

anika987 and NOW like this.