1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

That Growth Zone!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Srama, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Of course!
    and the whole world is doing that. That is the strange thing about this virus - almost like it is saying "enough of this! Entire earth and its supposedly main occupants CHANGE!!!" :)

2. Roar

Roar Gold IL'ite

This is a nice post.

The growth zone is the one zone which will empower us and others through us.
    I am sure many are being great help to others as its our responisibility and I have seen many regular people being extrodinary heros :). Love to ya all :).

Help all you can and anybody can help there are many ways to. Poor need help now, they are people like us and they love their children like we do... I have a great group of family cousins whom I can support for this cause and I am so content being a part of it and the feeling that comes with it is peace within.

I was in the fear zone until recently and it has helped no one. Then I learnt from our heroes :). Thankyou for the lesson all :). Thanks for the post Srama :)

kkrish and Srama like this.
  3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Roar!

You go girl! Thank you for such a nice feedback.
    You are indeed fortunate to be involved with a group that too from the family to be able to reach out and help others! You are blessed at two fronts! And your family is too! Thank you for all that you are doing. All of us have to reach out and do what we can - no matter what we think as being significant or not.

I am learning that we will not stay put in one zone for a long period of time even if it growth zone. We will find ourselves toggling between - but being aware and getting out is what we should continue to do. At least that is the way I handle myself.
    And @Roar what I learning is "giving is receiving" too and we should learn to receive gracefully not only because of our giving but when given by others! Nice to read that there are enthusiastic and well meaning people like you and your family. Thank you for sharing. You made my day!

Roar likes this.
  4. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Sabitha for contributing a new word to the English language:CONFUZZLING.These three zones are like the three phases of Dante's Journey in THE DIVINE COMEDY.: Paradise is the ultimate goal but before that, you have to go through inferno and purgatory. But a lot of people, unfortunately, remain enmeshed in the Fear Zone. Many cases of people developing paranoia and even committing suicide have been reported Knowledge is strength and gives you the confidence to face life. Learning zone is the purgatory through which we have to pass into the paradise of our growth. For me This inferno has been a blessing in disguise. Imprisoned at home, I am staying sane by teaching myself Spanish.

kkrish and Srama like this.
  5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Balajee,

Glad to read that you are adding another language to your skill set! That was such a nice correlation - the inferno, purgatory and then paradise - ended up having a nice conversation about it with my DS, so thank you! We all have to device ways and means to keep ourselves engaged in a gainful way if not to others, then at least to our own well being. I do believe that if we are not happy and upbeat, we cannot spread cheer. So anything for our own well being is a must!

I learnt something about myself too in this process - while I am doing a lot more yoga, I have been struggling with a daily meaningful practice! Now thanks to online classes, I am learning that if I assume I am teaching a class, I will be able to do yoga fairly easily - alone! Can you believe that? Not having students physically in front of me has taught me how to have a self practice! Go figure!

Oh you just have to be with the student population and soon the vocabulary changes drastically and I catch myself telling my students not to keep messing the language up but the need for expression is way beyond what you and I grew up with perhaps! So they continue to make up words and the latest word before the lock down that they have been using in their conversations is 'id ten t' - it took me a couple of weeks to figure it out as 'ID10T' - yup! You are smarter than me if you figured it out sooner! I took forever! Of course they don't use that in front of me any more! :) and then there is this lock down!

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
  6. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

A good post @Srama Sabitha.
    This growth zone chart represents our growth and development throughout life, pandemic or not.
    Those who reach the growth zone are the wise ones.

Every new situation starts with the fear zone - be it attending kindergarten, attending an interview, taking a new job, entering marriage, becoming a parent. So at any given time, we will be in all the three zones with respect to what we are facing.

I had read about this many years ago while reading about how people take bad news. First there is denial because of fear, then there is acceptance, then they begin to look for ways to face and overcome the situation.

This is what the wise advice us - they just say it differently - "try to get to the best out of the worst, be it a situation, a person, or thing".

A sink full of dishes is one example. I used to dread that from different angles. I feared naturally for the dirty look, I feared about losing the time it would take to do them (time I would rather read a book), feared about people judging me, and so on.
    Then one day my colleague, who was raising her granddaughter(GD), was telling me the previous evening the GD had lamented about the doing the dishes, for which my colleague responded, "young lady, thank the Lord. Having dirty dishes to wash means God gave you food". That was my learning zone.
    Since that day, my approach changed towards everything I faced. "Thanking the Lord" gave me the boost to handle most of the day-to-day life. When approaching unpleasant situations, I am working on looking at them with the thought "there must be good reason I am facing this".

Thank you for the post, for reminding and reinforcing this important life lesson.

Srama likes this.
  7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Kamala,

Thank you for such a loving response. Just yesterday I was telling my son that none of us are as lonely as we think we are - there is this invisible power standing by us whether we acknowledge it or not! The important person is us and he/she is by us whether we ask or not! How incredible is that? I am learning a lot about myself too during this quiet time and one of the things i learnt about this full sink is - it is full many a time not because I lazed around the whole day, but because other tasks took precedence over that and even if I have lazed around occasionally, i have begun to pause and look at why I needed to do that and then move on! The truth is no matter what, sink will get done! It is such a relief to make that peace with myself :blush:.

As you well know, for years now I have looked up to you and you never fail me! Look at these words here -
    exactly what we need to remember. Who has been able to say "I am done doing my best in life"? As long as there is breath, there is learning and as long as we learn, we smile - a good heartfelt smile! Thank you for adding value to my post Kamala, truly appreciate it!

kkrish likes this.