1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Another Day, Another Snippet :)

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Srama, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Oh my Vani! You made me cry my dear! You made me cry. It is gut wrenching to read about all that you have gone through and I could only smile after thinking of the gentle you and realizing how despite all this, you have grown into such a beautiful woman! Kudos to you. You are amazing. Thank you for sharing.

I do want to write more, but not this time. Love to you and your family Vani! I can see the value you place on every minute you have got in between family responsibilities. Thank you Vani for your very heart warming response.

This too shall pass. Thank you for that reassurance! Keep popping in here too - we all need you too!

girvani and Thyagarajan like this.
  2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Am glad of your response here as I was thinking of my sisters and daughters across the globe.

2. A loving reassurance indeed from your heart wrenching past is a feather touch in these horrible time of quiet death & sufferance all over the globe.

3. Yes. This pandemic would pass on and mankind shall emerge triumphant once again.

With best wishes to all your family members
    Thyagarajan

girvani and Srama like this.
  3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:That’s a wonderful take from you.

2. Thanks for bringing to my attention the story of Alexander andthe naked monk. Aptly stated here, I just refreshed my mind with that story
    Retold by Swami Rama Tiratha during Lecture delivered on November 16, 1902 in the Academy of Sciences, San Francisco. This lecture is published in the 'Vedanta Vani' magazine of Chinmaya Mission.

Read more at: Alexander The Great And The Mendicant Monk!

3. Queens speech that you had cited heardin BBC , very moving indeed. I just copy here excerpts from her speech for quick read for other readers.

on Sunday evening, where she is currently self-isolating with Prince Philip.

"I want to thank everyone on the NHS front line, as well as care workers and those carrying out essential roles, who selflessly continue their day-to-day duties outside the home in support of us all," the Queen said.

"I'm sure the nation will join me in assuring you that what you do is appreciated, and every hour of your hard work brings us closer to a return to more normal times."

"I also want to thank those of you who are staying at home, thereby helping to protect the vulnerable, and sparing many families the pain already felt by those who have lost loved ones. Together we are tackling this disease, and I want to reassure you that if we remain united and resolute, then we will overcome it."

She added: "We should take comfort that while we may have more still to endure, better days will return. We will be with our friends again, we will be with our families again, we will meet again. But for now, I send my thanks and warmest good wishes to you all."

Read more:

'Success will belong to every one of us': Queen Elizabeth II in a historic address thanks essential workers and people staying home amid pandemic

LET US PRAY FOR THE WELL BEING NURSES OF THE WORLD
    ESPECIALLY TODAY DEDICATED INTERNATIONALLY FOR THEM

4. Anend practice of yoga & meditations & Patanjali, yes I endorse your statement. Both practices to attain more semblance of harmony of mind and peace andfit to some extent. Yet lord’s indoctrination to Arjuna in Gita covers yoga aspect to attain Him.

5. Let us hope everyday, every moment is

Yeee dhinave Subha Dinave”

Regards.
    God blesseth the desireless.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
    Srama likes this.
  4. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Thank you Sabitha. Thank you for your kind words and blessings! It means a lot to me.

Love
    Vani

Srama likes this.
  5. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Dear Thyagarajan Sir,

I was so humbled to see your response to mine. It means the world to me and my heartfelt gratitude to you! Thank you, Sir and my love and warm regards to you and yours too!
    Vani

Thyagarajan and Srama like this.
  6. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

My Dearest Vani @girvani ,

Your words of wisdom give a lot of comfort to someone who is at the beginning of the age range which is considered vulnerable to the current pandemic. What you had been through should never happen to anyone, leave alone a child. I hope you, your husband and the boys are doing well and remaining safe. I am so happy to know that you are using this time to catch up on your thesis. My best wishes.

Viswa

girvani and Srama like this.
  7. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

My dearest Viswa uncle,

My heartfelt gratitude for your blessings. You are all in my prayers and I am sure almighty will guide and protect us. Thank you so much uncle and it means a lot to me.

Love
    vani

Srama and Thyagarajan like this.