Covid19- Changes In Husband-wife Relationship

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by smrithys, Apr 6, 2020.

1. smrithys

smrithys Silver IL'ite

It is unfortunate that people don't realize the danger they are putting themselves in. I think some people have the misconception that since they are young and relatively healthy, they will get over it soon even if they become infected. But many news articles are telling otherwise. Even healthy adults are dying suggesting that there is some genetic component which makes some people more susceptible.
    While the Shelter in Place order allows us to step out for essential needs, some people are misusing it. I wish the order is strictly enforced. I heard from my relatives in India last week that you get questioned even when you go out in car.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2020
  2. smrithys

smrithys Silver IL'ite

Thats a good point.. Haven't thought of this before

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. smrithys

smrithys Silver IL'ite

Yes indeed. On the one hand, in old age, there is more scope for quarrel just because of constant presence and too much time together.. Whereas the younger generation squabbles due to lack of time..
    While most homes have peace time and war time, the family dynamics has definitely changed in Covid times. Which may or may not go back to normal post Covid.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. Ushiee

Ushiee Gold IL'ite

#4 is our situation, normally I'm an active person but post covid I feel very depressed but most of the cleaning and cooking I'm doing, dh is working from home, initially we have lots of adjustment problems now weekly once I'm on silent fasting to save my energy and sanity

smrithys and Thyagarajan like this.
  5. magicwand007

magicwand007 Bronze IL'ite

I am #2 ...SAHM with a 3.5 year old.Had a huge huge fight with my husband just 2 days back ..ended up shouting at each other badly.Though he apologised I am just not ready to talk to him again so maintaining my distance.And when I come to think of it ,we fought on something so small but it escalated and we ended up saying horrible things to each other ..I definitely don’t like him being home 24/7 and I hate it that I can’t even vent out to friends(otherwise we meet up at least 2-3 times a week).

I feel stressed all the time ..not because of cooking or cleaning(I used to do that before too as I am in the US) but just an unpleasant and anxious feeling.Was looking forward to my parent’s visit this summer as I couldn’t go to India this year but now I feel like there is nothing to look forward to.And I am worried about everyone back home in India.
    Ugh ..this COVID-19 has definitely bought out the worst in me.Just praying that we get through it somehow

6. GregoriaBoul

GregoriaBoul Silver IL'ite

I agree. It's even more stressful to work at home while you struggle to help your kids with their home schooling too. Plus, you gotta do the daily household chores. Husband should initiate in helping with other chores like laundry, cooking or even washing the dishes.

smrithys and shravs3 like this.