Using Less Resources In These Difficult Times: Covid-19

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by startinganew, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello: @mbharani
    Thank you sister for clicking the LIKE EVIDENCING THAT YOU HAD GONE through my jotting.
    Did you find any part of it useful to readers and you?
    Regards.
    God Bless.
    P.s. I read with great interest your blog in word press
    Following my dreams..... Journey towards fertility. It turned my eyes moist as I read through. I trust you are now enjoying motherhood. My Ashirvadams to your family & you.

:hello:@Sinant Thank you for clicking the like to my FB @ #8

God Bless.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2020
    mbharani likes this.
  2. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

Diluting water with milk :) for tea/ coffee. Using smaller cups:beer-toast1:

3. virtualkv2020

virtualkv2020 Platinum IL'ite

I in general air fry/bake instead of deep frying most of the times.Now no more deep frys and stir fry subzies,mostly making gravies,pulusu kooralu.I stopped adding veggies to the Upma.Exercise and music are great stress busters.I am working out almost everyday with probably a day break between every 10 days.I substituted greek yoghurt with buttermilk as a part of my post workout breakfast.I am cleaning the bathrooms using less wipes and more water.I made a batch of sunnipindi before the breakout and I am able to use it for bath.Its as good as regular soap.Corona has infact made me more vocal and I am not being afraid to speak out as nothing or no one is as scarier as Corona!

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
  4. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

I am trying to cook less for the whole family keeping it simple and not indulging in extravagant special items at this point when world is facing a pandemic. Using less of everything rice veg fruits etc.

5. Thyagarajan

241DAB02-2BF0-4A8C-B29C-1472ED3A1435.png :hello:To whom so ever it concerns
    COVID -19 benefits. Inflammation & Derma
    Since given up usual morning two tumbler coffee a fortnight ago and no milk, buttermilk, curd inflammation around ears greatly reduced claims my mr. Sambandhi.
    2. My daughter exclaimed this morning to find a super glow on face of her mother - my spouse - since latter too did away with coffee altogether.
    What’s your take on it?

GOD-
    Namo Bhagavatthey Vasudevaya

6. Thyagarajan

:hello:I presume you fill water almost to brim of the cup and add little little tea/coffee into it!
    Delectable.

SinghManisha likes this.
  7. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Nope I haven't compromised much in the quality nor the quantity of food items. I always practiced zero wastage policy. So just sticking to that. Haven't hoarded anything, go n buy as things are getting over in the boxes.
    But I am seeing a lot and lot of people (in family and friends group) sharing a lot of cakes, pizzas, cutlets, garlic bread etc etc pics. I'm not against them. Understand they must be having kids at home who demand restaurant style food at home in this lock down. But just Worried what if we run out of few food items in the groceries? Already I had a tough time finding a basic Jaggery at a couple of shops nearby. So compromising on such things which are unavailable for me.
    Avoiding deep frying to save oil.
    Milk supply has been steady here. So no compromise on having that milk n curds daily.

8. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Reading all the replies I have learnt a lot. Thanks to everyone for pitching in.

Good thread.

Though plenty of food is still produced/grown, due to lock-downs, distribution has taken a big hit. Some production also can be delayed if food factories shutdown or have minimum workforce.
    Therefore imports of groceries from India (to US and other countries) will, or already have, take a hit.

Once the current inventory in the Indian stores deplete,replenishing them may take time.
    We just do not know what will happen. So it is best to be prepared for the worst.

Coronavirus upends global food supply chains in latest economic shock

I will visit this thread often.

9. Thyagarajan

Milk packets supply subject to multiple handling especially in Indian metros; and therefore extra care is required from the moment it is collected in pouches till it is transferred to another metal or so containers to store I need fridge or warm on oven .
    2. It is said corona virus sits on plastic (bags or pouches or any other material) for long hours live. I hear people collect it in buckets containing turmeric-mixed -water In Chennai. Handle with care keeping in view incubation period of virus in humans upto twenty one days.
    3. For spouse & I, we stopped consuming milk and milk related items since pandemic announced. But we stocked jaggery as we consume it as it is with dosa and twoto three times chew it with pepper during the day.
    Regards.

God - in meditation In milky ocean even now!

Anusha2917 likes this.
  10. Thyagarajan

:hello:This takes my mind to the people/sailors stranded in huge ships on high seas. They are refused docking in various parts of the world. This includes ships of Navy the world over. I hope with army men across the globe are not inflicted with this covid19.

2. A tiger too in zoo - A popular channel
    reported inflicted with COVID.
    oh my God.

kkrish likes this.