1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Smile Awhile

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by HariLakhera, Apr 5, 2020.

1. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Part- 1- INFORMATION AND FORMAL INVITATION
    (Delhi, India, midnight of the intervening dates of 3rd and 4th April 2020)

“TRING” “TRING” “TRING” (who could be there at this unearthly midnight hours?)
    “Hello! Who is this?” (With slight irritation)
    “Calling from Swedish Academy Sir. May I talk to Harry Lakra please?”(Some female voice with a western accent)

"Yes, Hari Lakhera speaking.”

“Sir, please talk to Mr. Chesterfield”

“Ok”

“Mr. Hurry Liquor! Sir, I am Chesterfield, the press secretary of the Nobel Committee attached to the Swedish Academy, Stockholm. Sir! I have been directed to inform you that you have been selected by the Committee for the Nobel Prize for Literature for the year 2019. Sir, we are arranging to send to you the formal Letter of Invitation along with the air tickets with a request to accept the same and make yourself present on December 10, 2020, to receive the Prize from His Highness, the King of Sweden.”

“Thanks” (Sound of a click as the phone is put back to the cradle on the other side)

2. FORMAL INVITATION

(Next morning the INVITATION is delivered by a white man with military uniform at my door step)

The Nobel Committee of the Swedish Academy, Stockholm, entrusted with the responsibility of selecting the winning entry for Nobel Prize for Literature, the Year 2020 is pleased to inform Mr. Hari Lakhera that the Prize goes to his outstanding contribution in the field of Literature. His path-breaking novel "Mountain of Hills" has been adjudged the best entry for the year 2020. The Prize will be handed over by His Highness the King of Sweden on December 10, 2020, at 10 A. M. at the Convention Hall of the King's Palace, Stockholm, Sweden.

Mr. Hari Lakhera is requested to accept the Invitation by returning a signed copy of this invite to the bearer with a signed copy of the great novel “Mountain of Hills”.

Mr. Hari Lakhera is also requested to present himself at the venue on the appointed day and time to receive the Prize. All arrangements for his travel and stay have been made. As a mark of respect for his outstanding contribution, the Committee has also made arrangements for travel and stay for his family members and friends in IL.

Please hold your breath for Part 2.

Thyagarajan and Viswamitra like this.

2. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Suspense building up like Alfred Hitchcocks Psycho.SLN

Thyagarajan and HariLakhera like this.
  3. HariLakhera

Thanks for you first feedback. Looks Ileans are not satisfied only with free travel and stay. They want something more. Waiting what else they expect. I am sure the war on Covid-19 will be over by December 2020. Meantime, I am trying my bit to make them smile. hahahahahaa

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

This is vicarious or real. Good . Iche led the value of Nobel money in Rupees. Fantastic. I collected 8 column head-lines in leading news papers around the world announcing the selection and the award.
    God Bless.

HariLakhera likes this.
  5. HariLakhera

I had to do a little research for this post about, the place, venue, time, and presenter. hahahaha.