100 Days of Positivity

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Such moments only few are given to enjoy.
    2. I am given to such daily joy of golden Lillie’s that smile at me from neighbours.
    3. A kind of commune with Nature that it not only serve as stress busters but replenish mind with calmness or and stillness or oneness with God.
    4. The view would be much better if there had been vast open pace behind the tree filled with green tender leaves and canopied with tissue-like, light-pink flowers.
    5. The stroll by the tree-lined street in dawn or dusk, rain or shine must be greatly rewarding and soul filling. Thanks for sharing the “ bang” view of cherry blossoms in full bloom from your balcony.

God bless.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
    mangaii, Anusha2917 and Gauri03 like this.
  2. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

I always wanted to learn how to recite a particular Hindu scripture. In last few days before going to bed I just took the book and played the audio to understand the pronunciation. Today finally I was able to recite it completely I made few mistakes since my tongue cannot recite certain words the way it is (maybe I need more practice) . But I enjoyed every minute of my recital. More than learning what I learnt was during this time of listening and reciting I didn't get distracted at all . I'm adding few more for this week. I'm actually happy about this progress. I'm replacing my commute time with these recitals.

Anusha2917, Gauri03 and Giri12 like this.
  3. startinganew

startinganew Gold IL'ite

Today, I caught up with a colleague after a considerable gap. He was mentioning that he manages to do all his shopping by going out once in ten days and also picks up for his neighbor in that one trip. He used to be a regular patron of a few online grocery memberships plus services in the local neighborhood for many years, so I was surprised and asked if those aren't working because of the current overload.

And he mentions - there are others who might need those online services, we are low-risk in my household, so I am just going to the store so I don't overload the online delivery services further. I was stunned and humbled at how thoughtful someone can be. And his positivity has filled me up with resolve.

Mistt, mangaii, Thyagarajan and 5 others like this.
  4. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

OK, seeing @startinganew 's post inspires me to start a 30 day sprint, April 1-30.

April 1 Wednesday:
    Anxiously awaited Covid test results came back for my friend's kid. Negative.

April 2 Thursday:
    Pulled out some weeds in the front and back yard. Slowly and mindfully, inspecting the roots closely. It was extremely fascinating to see that some weeds with beautiful pink flowers had grown in soil that was barely a mm thick on weed-blocker fabric. And other weeds had managed to grow through the thick and sturdy fabric.

April 3 Friday:
    Filled my thermos water bottle with water and ice cubes. Went to turn down the blinds before exercise, and stopped to admire the view from the window. Quiet all round. Except for the absolutely magical sound of the ice cubes clinking as they melted or moved in the water. Like a nosy neighbor, I bent down and placed my ear next to the thermos's cool metallic exterior to listen more closely.

5. Caughtinbetween

Caughtinbetween Gold IL'ite

6. Giri12

Giri12 Gold IL'ite

As we all are in lockdown me n hubby thought of doing some food arrangement for street dogs. As nobody is feeding them so Since last 2 weeks we aregiving them biscuits. Yesterday we game them some rice with chicken. All puppies were so hungry they finished d rice in no time. We were very happy while feeding them.

7. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Since COVID-19 started spreading worldwide, the number of spiritual programs sprouted online everywhere. I have two Satsangs from 8 p.m. to 9 p.m. and 9 p.m. to 10 p.m.on Wednesday, teaching to the children from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Thursday, Unite and Uplift spiritual talk from 9 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Friday, spiritual bhajan program from 2 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. and 5 p.m Spiritual Talk Series for an hour.

8. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

April 4 Saturday:
    Washed bathrooms before anyone woke up. Never knew that such productive solitude would one day be a positivity.

April 5 Sunday:
    Rainy day. Ginger chai, a Mills & Boon pdf from the internet (go on, judge me), on a recliner sofa by the window.

April 6 Monday:
    Figured out how to scan old negatives, pictures and made it into a self-sufficient process that needs my attention for 5 mins every hour.

9. Viswamitra

A doctor friend who I meet once in a while, she has written an open letter to all the seniors in our spiritual center that she would be happy to get groceries and deliver it at home for them if they let her know what the seniors need. Another young man offered to do the same. It is so liberating to see how many show their compassion at a time when everyone is hurting.

Mistt, mangaii, Rihana and 4 others like this.
  10. Viswamitra

My son requested me whether I would be able to review the market research he had done. I gladly agreed only to find out later that it consists of a lot of reading material. With not much activity going on, I completed the review and decided to write a business plan for him. It is a long time since I wrote a business plan. It was satisfying to build brick by brick a business plan that could be presented to anyone and it was so satisfying to know that it would be used by my son. I have done this for others many times but this is the first I am doing it for my son

mangaii, Rihana, Anusha2917 and 2 others like this.