1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Vent - Mil And Husband Stop Help When Mom Is Aroumd

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by pni, Apr 3, 2020.

1. pni

pni Senior IL'ite

I am back after a long time to get some ideas from you all. My mother is staying now in another in our street. I arranged for full-time help to take care of her. I stay with my family and mil in my house. nw no helper in mother house and my house. I do all work myself in my home and cook food for my mother and take it to her. There also I do cleaning work. No energy. My husband told me to stay only in home and he will take food to mom. He don't want to risk daughters health. So I told my mother to stay with us till lockdown is over. She is staying with us from Monday in same house. My husband is also good. But too much of work. My mils and mother have health problem. Everyday they fall sick. Daily praying for them.

Mil is nt helping after I got mom to my house. Husband s also nt helping as he used to help before. I see my mom's sad face. She wants to go back and stay alone in her flat. I don't want to leave. I don't know how to hide my tiredness from face. I am thinking what if she fall sick and how to help her staying in same house with no help.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2020

2. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

What's with MIL and husband to stop their help? Does their ego hurt to help you when your mom is around?
    Anyway everyone is loaded with work in this lock down situation and with no helpers around. Only solution is cut down on your work smartly and don't do every work every single day. Like if I'm sweeping today, tomorrow it's sweeping +mopping. On days I clean bathroom no sweeping no mopping.
    Oh yeah ignore those sulking faces at home and ask them to pitch in if they complain. In fact wait for them to complain so that you can say their help would be appreciated .
    I have myself felt very loaded with work. That's how it's for everyone now. This too shall pass.

3. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Ask for help. Always add, can you pl help me with this.. or I need your help..etc... if they are not doing their chores, ask them to do it in a polite way. I they dont do ...remind...be busy with other things while you ask. If they dont help, leave it there.. stop doing their personal stuff or services.Take your own time to do jobs like cleaning...Do minimum things.also take breaks for your me time..

You also need rest.. do whatever you can, and seek help. Plan well and execute.

Rihana likes this.
  4. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Are you cooking meals all the 3 times?
    If yes, then cook the same thing for lunch and dinner so you get some time for yourself.
    Prepare easy dishes something like one pot meals.

And also ask your husband to help you in some chores.

Anusha2917 likes this.