Covid19- How Has Your Routine Changed, What Are You Doing To Cope Up With Being Cooped Up

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Vaikuntha, Mar 16, 2020.

1. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

glad you are out of it

oh my god. last night i had a scratchy throat. i was like freaked out. made that ginger pepper jeera , kazhayam. lot of hot water. today it is ok.

already working from home is so depressing, over this.

shravs3 likes this.
  2. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for the tip sir :blush:

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

I can totally understand the feeling :fearful:

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

5. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

New acts of Chivalry - DH pressing the lift buttons for me so that I dont have to get my hands dirty :blush:

Rihana, Sunshine04, GoneGirl and 3 others like this.
  6. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:this reminds me seeing a girl downstairs pressing the lift button with tip of a ball point pen. Curiosity got the better of me, I asked her when she It is filled with sanitizer.

SunPa likes this.
  7. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

I generally do this morning on an empty stomach.

8. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

kudos to all of you who can pull it. I still need to get my morning shower and dress for work to get in work mode. Fluffy socks though . Getting a lot of use out of my jeans. Jeans, blouse, sweater/blazer, and fluffy socks ... zoom ready!

9. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

Hello Everyone.... This is the first experience for all of us to see such situation where whole world is fighting with same problem and unaware of how and when this will end. For those who are not yet caught by this disease are living their lives but have fear of it. Those who are suffering can't say about how it is for them. The thought of getting caught by that disease that has declared as a pandemic itself is heart throbbing.

Still the people are fighting to go out and the incident in which a policeman's hand was chopped just because he was doing his duty to save the common man from this disease while taking the risk on themselves has made me think about the presence of humanity. How someone could do this. Also the Jamaat that spreaded this more what did they got by doing this. All this proves the saying "Vinashkaale Viprit Budhi". These people should soon understand the severity of this situation and should learn to behave which is necessary at this point of time for the existence of human beings.

PM of India who is showing confidence in winning with the situation and taking the right steps is really a very big support to all of us. Even at this point we can rely on him and trust him for whatever he said. Either it's about clapping or lighting diyas everyone supported him with the hope that one day he will take us out of this safely. This kind of belief in someone is not easy to achieve.

I end my post here only. I request everyone to share their thoughts experiences or any preventive measures or anything that you like to discuss about it.

Thanks and Regards
    :wave:

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
    Thyagarajan likes this.
  10. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Hi All, I logged in after months as I am highly stressed out because of this COVID - 19 situation. I know..my mind knows that all this lockdown and travel ban is for good but staying indoors in really taking toll on us.

We came to India for vacation right before COVID got worse. Suddenly every weeks situation was getting worse and before we could go back, lockdown of 1 day, then 3 weeks again weeks. So now we are stranded at my in-laws place and remote working. I have 2 small kids and older one has school in US time ( evening hee) and she gets homework. Life has gone crazy. i work day time but can not concentrate because of kids, younger one's maintenance etc. My H works night time and is tired in the day time and screams. I get up and start doing kitchen work etc.
    Being at inlaws, i have to adjust a lot... I try not to be dependent on them as much as possible for food, cooking etc.
    I feel frustated with many more things that we had packed only for few days, that too for transitional weather and suddenly weather got scorching and we are locked.
    None of us have clothes. So we have all 2 pairs, that too bit thick and have to wash everyday. My younger one infant is growing so also his few are getting tight. I feel living life of poor.
    We have house there and I miss it so much. Knowingly we took this risk, thinking 3 weeks will fly away and will be back within no time. That time, it was just starting in US.
    Heat, mosquitos, lack of good water to drink, chores, not able to focus on work... then this uncertainty...killing me.
    It is also taking toll on relationship and we fight a lot. My H not supporting much with infant care in day time..
    We did not take repatriation flights because of again, many uncertainties with kids.

I know, we need to hang on... I should feel fortunate to find a good shelter in time. I still can work. We getting food. I and my family are safe. Rest all does not matter, clothes etc. Also kids are getting some socialization, (in person) here as compared to US. I can fly to my parents house but if they open travel for some time....
    I just need some kind and suppotive words. I know we all are in some uncontrollable situation because of COVID.