Covid19- How Has Your Routine Changed, What Are You Doing To Cope Up With Being Cooped Up

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Vaikuntha, Mar 16, 2020.

1. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

@hermitcrab , glad to know that all are recovering. It must have been quite scary for all of you.
    Get well soon !

Vaikuntha likes this.
  2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for the response .

Now at the end of a fortnight, the situation outdoors remain same with people understanding the importance of social distancing to avoid contracting covid19.
    The air we breathe gone rich in oxygen less of pollutants. Channels report that in New Delhi - the most polluted of Indian metros prior to COVID curfew, is least polluted since last two days.

2. Despite using judiciously the gathered resources to tide over the crisis during the lockdown, fear is lurking that we may have to forgo a meal a day.

3. But then we learnt, we can do away with coffee milk curds newspaper magazines resulting in substantial savings. It is fifth day, we managed without the morning first laxative and second luxurious coffee and curds too: and so the porridge of oats. This results in less intake of sugar and salt.

4. What were considered indispensable, no longer remains so for oldies like us. Life style changes insisted upon or recommended by physicians no longer remain difficult to follow. We realised we were eating tad extra which now stands cut off.
    5. The benefits - felt in bowel movement and added quality of freshness the moment we awake after profound sleep thanks to COVID & Curfew driven days.
    6. The third wave is expected in India in a few days and according to veteran astrologers that April 4th to be watched.
    Regards.

3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

This is hugely taken care of by the enforced nationwide curfew in India. Still there could be few violators either they are selfish or ignorant or indifferent

The city known for ubiquitous pawn chewing and spitting everywhere including staircases
    Is Mumbai - Maharashtra. Left right centre any moment even from top decker happily the men and few women too spit in gay abandon manner. But with curfew in force, they too might have learnt a lesson or two.

Thanks.
    God bless you with essentials including groceries.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
  4. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

Meanwhile.. I found this, something interesting!!

He is an awardee of, 100 global special kids and PG holder in astrology at 10yrs of age. Working as professor can give lectures unstoppably for hours!!

5. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

We are both working from home.

I have always been an introvert so not much people contact anyway but I had my walks in the woods and coffees at cafes watching people thru the window. I am starting to be more greatful for what I had and what I still have.

I always loved family time , I am actually spending nice time with kids and husband , doing crafts and loads of playing in the garden etc. I am happy with the family time , no complaints.

BUT...

The price the whole world is paying and how the poor would cope in India and all the elderly at risk and food aisles empty and how people would cope with jobs gone- I would rather go back and have 'ok' family time than the 'unlimited family time' that I am having now.

Everyone is 'ok' > some people being extra comfy and many dying.

Hoping it ends soon. Missing 2019.

6. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

Sorry, I am sure I am getting it wrong but was your DD attending college over quarantine period?

7. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

Also my heart bleeds for the poor in India who are walking miles to their homes.
    For the key worker nurses getting evicted over the fear of catching virus. Its sad. :(

I pray to God that worst must not come.. I will try my best to offer help in one way or the other in these hard hard times ...

8. Vaikuntha

Vaikuntha Platinum IL'ite

I will be so glad, and give up something dear for things to go back to what they were. I was getting bored earlier and the definition of boredom has changed.

On another note- senior citizens do not have it easy. I saw one working as store clerk at walgreens, another was shopping. Many who are living by themselves are still fending for themselves. People will come out and help and donate time and money to cause but after some time, people do start to get bitter and just look after themselves. The natural progression of things. I hope it doesn't go that way, too fast.
    The gun sales have gone up is US.

9. Vaikuntha

Vaikuntha Platinum IL'ite

Thanks @SunPa

10. startinganew

startinganew Gold IL'ite

:cry: I didn't think of effects like these. Thank you for sharing with us openly.

nuss and heron like this.