Advance Pay To Maid

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Desiindian, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Desiindian

Desiindian Gold IL'ite

We have a weekly maid. Due to the social distancing, I have asked her not to come untill situation becomes settled. Last week she asked us to pay 50percent of her salary as advance for next three months, she had also made same request to other families where she worked daily.
    Me and husband are ok to pay her advance, he says lets do this a charity at this time, whether she comes backs to work or not.

How about you and your neighbour? Are you still continuing maid services inside your home or stopped them completely?

sarvantaryamini likes this.

2. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

The choice was made for us...our apartment association has banned all domestic helps from entering...maids, helpers, cooks , nannies everyone...many known ladies were telling theyre giving paid leave during this lockdown to their maids...few maids demanded advance pay before leaving for hometown don’t know if they got it...few neighbours were generous enough to give advance in salary while maid was leaving for hometown beforehand start of lockdown...few neighbours are saying they’ll give the salary consolidated amount after maid rejoins...they don’t want the maid taking advance salary and absconding...my maid also went to hometown but I have recently stopped her due to some other reason, even before lockdown.. so I don’t require to give her paid leaves luckily...
    It’s becoming very unsafe to keep maids , so discontinued till the time, Covid situation doesn’t come into control..

3. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

My parents are still paying their domestic help as usual. They need the money and my parents don’t want to risk losing them to other family once this situation eases.

4. startinganew

startinganew Gold IL'ite

We are paying home cleaners, gardener and kid's preschool and requested them to suspend service. Our plan is as long as I have my job and am being paid, we will pay them during these critical times.

sarvantaryamini likes this.
  5. sarvantaryamini

sarvantaryamini Gold IL'ite

Yes, charity in this form is much better than donating to some institution where you are not sure how much of the money is actually spent for a good cause. Nice gesture on part of your husband. I wish everyone thought in a similar manner.