You Regret Spending Money On?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Rihana, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

christian-wiediger-t6ZtBcWEptQ-unsplash.jpg
    Photo by Christian Wiediger on Unsplash
    We all have times we regret spending having spent on some object or an experience. Which are you biggest "spending money" regrets? From the past year, a while back or long ago.

Was it an impulse purchase or did you know even before buying that you would regret it later?

Things like a dress, car, jewelry, book, toy or experiences like a vacation, spa treatment... not stocks.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
    anika987 likes this.

2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I'll go first... and most likely second, third, fourth...have so many such purchases.:facepalm:

The most recent that comes to mind is the Carvaan Digital Audio Player with 5000 songs from SaReGaMa. Saregama Carvaan - Best Digital Audio Player with 5000 Evergreen Songs

Grrr..... :mad::mad::mad: Worthless piece of metal. $100. :BangHead: I knew it was not worth it.. knew I would not use it.. knew I could better invest in Google music or some music app.. but nostalgia bug bit me and I ordered it. It stopped working after the return window expired. In part because it took me that long to figure out its remote.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
    KashmirFlower, anika987 and Amica like this.
  3. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

Online offline branded and now non branded shoes/ footwear.

i have 4 pairs which don't fir ( bought online ) and 3 pairs which i haven't even tried ( more than 2 years ) 1 not worn sports from Adidas too.

still if i see a shoe advertisement...i will click and i will filter.. .sort and start.

arghhhh!

thinking what if we dont survive this phase...where do i wear them now.
    :)

anika987, Rihana, Amica and 1 other person like this.
  4. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

I had once bought a laptop soon after lenovo took over IBM. The lid was screwed on to the base at some weak plastic part, and the hinges fall apart after a couple of months of closing and opening. The times it was working on just one hinge was quite tough. Eventually that gave in as well. I took out the hdd, and had to buy an enclosure for that to use it as a storage device. Overall a bad experience. Apparently lenovo's are good these days, but I'd never buy one.

Rihana and Amica like this.
  5. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

I regret buying L'oreal Paris infallible pro foundation. Saw great reviews on YouTube but highly disappointed after the product arrived.

It's not blending at all. It dries up too quick, like u dab the product on your skin and as you pick up the sponge to blend, it dries up leaving a patch.

I wear only when I go outside/office, but unfortunately now can't do either. So the high priced product is just sitting in my vanity.

anika987, Rihana and Amica like this.
  6. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

On Food obviously :(

After lots of rate cut calculations end up with buying cheap ones or hifi ones(than required) regret later :facepalm:

Either I keep things in cart until get over or grab it as what if I die:oops:

anika987, Rihana and Amica like this.
  7. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

All those kitchen gadgets and gizmos that were used once and tossed. And the unused pressure cookers that couldn't be rehomed. Also the Crock-Pot.

8. GoneGirl

GoneGirl Gold IL'ite

Bargain sale buys, including clothing and other buys from home goods.
    All the snacks and food items bought during grocery shopping when am hungry
    Indian dresses and saris that I cant wear frequently and goes out of style or look old by the next visit

Rihana likes this.
  9. twig

twig New IL'ite

Too much money for stock advisory subscription. I should have spent half as much.

Rihana likes this.
  10. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Like this thread Rihanna:)

I regret spending money on costly handbags!

Trust me when people complimented my costly handbag but went Gaga Over my 200 rs handbag which I brought from Kerala:) moment of realization DING!

Apart from that I realized quality is important but they need not be costly.

I also feel money is a waste spent on different shades of the same color lipsticks,too much makeup in general.

Buying clothes especially styles which am not comfortable with..

At the end of the day..it is me I have to impress!I like beautiful clothes with class,elegance, well fitted and which does not make conscious..

Money spent on costly designer blouses,sprees....

I feel I realized the difference between WANT and GREED..

Nothing wrong in splurging..but I would splurge on things which I love rather on things which I personally don’t care and do it for the sake of the society..

I would spend dollars on a luxurious vacation,exotic places or a spa..that’s something I love.

For me I feel it is a waste to spend on bags and stuff like that.each one has a different perspective though..

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
    Rihana likes this.