1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone Tried Online For Groceries And Veggies Shopping? Suggestions Please.

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by gknew, Mar 20, 2020.

1. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

@MalStrom I went to costco today and they have installed glass shield between customers and cashiers. In our county we are inching towards 600 positive cases .

Rihana and MalStrom like this.
  2. mangaii

@Amica Do you have amazon prime ? You can order from Whole foods.

Amica likes this.
  3. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Wow! That’s scary.

mangaii likes this.
  4. mangaii

Well they had to close all the restrooms and parks near me since people were flocking like vacation this weekend . Hiking and partying in groups is so common . I won’t be surprised if numbers increase exponentially in coming days . The testing center for 350 capacity has been receiving 1000 patients everyday . We live in 50% Chinese dominated county( hope it is not offensive to say that ). People have no fear . The only time I step out is to get grocery once a week . But the number of cars in high way is little less than usual traffic . County has issued so many warnings but that had made no difference. Now hospitals are running at 70% capacity for covid patients . I don’t know what we are going to do after spring break next weekend

Rihana and MalStrom like this.
  5. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

FYI:
    Instacart employees are planning a nationwide strike on Monday to protest for receiving protective equipment, sanitizer and better pay.

KashmirFlower and mangaii like this.
  6. mangaii

I’m not surprised reading all the comments in social media . Next in line will be amazon ware house members .

7. Caughtinbetween

Caughtinbetween Gold IL'ite

8. Hosanna

Hosanna Bronze IL'ite

I live in Los Angeles. I just placed order in costco 2 day delivery with very random items like cereals, almond milk, dates, Unsalted Peanuts, graham crackers and Aveeno cream. If you see none of these items are urgently needed and whenever i selected tissue paper, canola oil and all the must buy items it simply said no stock in inventory. Also i tried target same day delivery with shipt, i added all the frozen and fresh fruits n veges but did not find the window open until this evening. I just did not close the tab kept refreshing once in a while and then suddenly window opened and showed for tomorrow early delivery. But i did not place the order as they charge $9.99 for shipping and extra 10$ as well. We might go indian store tomorrow and buy the other fresh groceris as it is less crowded in my place.

mangaii likes this.
  9. Mehana

Mehana Platinum IL'ite

@Hosanna you can try drive pickup at Walmart if you need necessary items like milk, eggs etc. We tried yesterday but the pickup at Walmart didn't show up, today morning again I tried the pickup delivery button enabled and it showed only for Saturday between certain interval times.

mangaii and Hosanna like this.
  10. Hosanna

Hosanna Bronze IL'ite

@Mehana I tried Vons and walmart pick up both not available for today and tomorrow. Tried changing locations from 10 to 15 miles away but no luck today. Will keep it open and try refreshing even if it opens for sunday or monday its fine for me. Walmart pick up seems best way as of now.

Mehana and mangaii like this.