When Will Life Return Back To “normal” ?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by anika987, Mar 26, 2020.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Honestly..I don’t have any complaints being at home.Quite happy to have my hubby and child with me all the time.Hubby sleeps in time and I don’t have to drive to all the activities as most classes are online.Eating well hee hee...just trying to see the bright side.

My worry is kid’s school.Mostly schools should open in a month..However,am hearing news it could all be closed until June!!! How true could it be?Do you think kids will be allowed to mingle freely within a month?

Also,the stock market is down now..

Worried about my mom’s health.She is above sixty and has health issues and
    Coronavirus even proves to be deadly to younger people...

When do you think life will return back to normal?

Thyagarajan and Caughtinbetween like this.

2. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

till they contain it. no idea. it is like flu. i do not even know what is the source of it. food from animals or interaction with dead .

it can come again. also with the politics , china was pretty secretive about the issues. now it is out.

nature has its own way to make sure humans do not exploit it. God bless

anika987 likes this.
  3. Caughtinbetween

Caughtinbetween Gold IL'ite

same here , i am just worried about my father back in india . just hoping this time passes soon enough . with all the flights and travel situation i get kind of panic attacks if i think too much about it.
    for me i really want to see my child back in the day care routine , she gets really bored and even gets tired of the screen time after some time . there is zero schedule for her at home .

Thyagarajan and anika987 like this.
  4. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

A few more weeks of intense social distancing should help flatten the curve. Trump’s wish to reopen by Easter might not be so far-fetched. The schools in my neighboring state have already announced that they are closed for the rest of the year. That governor is getting a lot of heat from parents who will soon have to return to work.
    I would say that we will go back to the new normal. Things won’t be exactly the same. People in risk groups will still have to take precautions. At the same time those of us who are not lucky enough to have jobs that can be done remotely cannot be expected to forgo their livelihoods indefinitely.

Thyagarajan, anika987 and rmpriya like this.
  5. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

Maybe a 'new normal' than 'back to normal'

@MalStrom beat me to it!

Thyagarajan, anika987 and rmpriya like this.
  6. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

All the people above 50, with some chronic health condition (cardio-vascular, diabetes-ii, hypertension, weak bones) are in the danger zone. Men are more so than women -- says the data thus far.

For those who had been stay-at-home-spouses, life is quite a bit more hectic than used to be. Canada has come up with a Universal Basic Income scheme till this covid-19 is over. USA is still haggling over that. Poor countries will hang their populations out to fend for themselves.

We should hope that between herd immunity acquisition and a vaccine discovery we'd soon come out on the other side of it. As there'd be more zoonotic viruses coming our way in the future, a slightly more persistent and lethal one would make all our worries about global warming more than a little moot.

Agathinai, Thyagarajan and anika987 like this.
  7. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:The best is to stay put.
    doris day whatever will be, will be (que sera, sera) - Google Search

Cross the bridge as and when you come near it.
    Worrying in advance whether it is going to be new or known normal will lead me nowhere.

2. R & D the world over working on it and they might turn up with vaccine and or drug after regular rigmarole. Even there they would test with a scapegoat of rats or pigs and then on human volunteers.

3. Diseases of animals in the past were confined to forest where they were managing everything in their wilderness. Afforestation and developments stolen their habitat and in vengeance they transfer their sickness to humans. I am not for knowing or to foretell in advance new animal origin pathogens in pipeline to start another Huge handshake with mankind!

4. Until then, let me enjoy the forced rest of others and mine from a distance.

5. In India numerous predictions based on astrology being circulated via u tube and WhatsApp. One says just on April 14th the virulence would get weakened as India would begin heating up . Trump too says by April 12th. By 5th May zodiac positions would be most favourable for the world - says another astrologer. These u tube videos I watched in Tamil.

6. I presume indefatigable God Himself would be tired of this game and would take full charge of the safety and security of His creations just to keep them under check. Think of the present situation - a blessing to Earth with great reduction in carbon emissions and to the problem of climate changes.

BE HAPPY DONT WORRY
    bobby mcferrin don't worry be happy - Google Search

GOD - omnipresent in Animals, humans & pathogens.

Agathinai and anika987 like this.
  8. Angela123

Angela123 Gold IL'ite

This is going to be well over a month probably.
    In Kansas, schools have closed for the academic year.
    In my place, schools have started online classes, it is not full on classes, but it is something.

In our city, a healthy person (Mayor announced) of 31 year old died from corona, she had no underlying health issues. That makes the uncertainty and worries to go up than what we had already.

Things seems to be better in India than USA.
    My parents are both over 60 and dad needs dialysis twice a week. I wish this could go back to normal asap. One can only hope.

anika987, Mistt, Agathinai and 2 others like this.
  9. Agathinai

Agathinai Gold IL'ite

Try to teach at home. When it will be normal depends on where you live, which country and at which phase of the pandemic, how fast or slow the measures were taken to prevent the spread. The peak is yet to be reached in America. NYC the peak will be reached maybe in 2 to 3 weeks. And then we will be thinking about flattening the curve. The lockdown effect cannot be seen 3 or 4 weeks down the track. Moreover the action isn’t universal among all states and the reversal too quickly will only cause a second wave. The resources are stretched and they are trying to spread the burden over weeks and prevent overburdening the system. The earlier the response the earlier the reversal to near normal.

So be prepared for a couple of months at the minimum for some relief and that means just to return to work and other measures. This I am telling based on China which seems to have relaxed the measures. If we think about Italy and European countries then we think more in terms of 3 to 6 months for the waves to end and be as near normal as possible.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
    anika987 and Mistt like this.