1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

New Ways Of Being, Indeed!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Srama, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Sabitha the only gym I attend is my home gym. I stay at a safe distance from an open air gum in my colony park. Who knows how many people have sweated on it. It is a pretty risky affair. As I am the sole user of the treadmill, exercycle, weights and yoga mat at home I am quite safe I guess It isn safer to use water instead of toilet paper. Social distancing is a very good idea nowadays,.

Kamla likes this.
  2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear @HariLakhera sir,

Some of us do live in neighborhoods where there are many children biking, jumping rope, playing hopscotch, four square and what not. But the point I was trying to make was not that!

Even with all the games you and I mention, kids will not be able to play in the context of what's happening in the world today at this moment and that statement I made about kids was based on that. It is just not here; this is the situation in the whole world today – no kid is able to go play outside. As a teacher and a mother, I can tell you that what the kids are going through now is quite unique. Even their smart phones cannot fill the void and, in some cases, cannot help the anxiety they feel. This will be a part of their memories and growing up.

As I interact with my students using the same electronic media, I do worry about their well-being and am doing my best to keep them engaged and happy for even if what you say here is true,
    the social interaction they get in schools is of considerable value and cannot be found in isolation and uncertainty. For once, I am truly grateful that they get to see their friends at least through media and get to engage in conversations with their age group. I was only reflecting on that -watching my kids and talking to my students.

3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

That is discipline Balajee - being able to work out by yourself. My goal is to reach that but sadly while I can do that with yoga and to some extent running I have taken the easy way out as far as regular workout is concerned. Yoga serves me the much needed means for mental well being and running well, age is a deterrent :) Just kidding. Not motivated enough to run every other day - by myself. See it is all about self discipline.

More than just social distancing, changing our habits and mindsets and for people like me some self discipline is needed :) Take today for example, I have no work out equipment at home, weather is getting better would so love go for a walk but it is pouring rain and is expected to be like that for the next week or so. SO!!

4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Wow! What an ode to Nature. Talking of our social distancing, isn't it strange? When we had people around us, we preferred to connected virtually with people. Now we have our internet and the need to be socially distant, we suddenly crave company!

5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

In the present day, it means, "overdose of nature". I know you meant a poem about the nature.

Isn't it a misnomer? We are not socially distancing but doing it physically.

6. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Satchi, you always speak my heart out!!!!!! Boy we connect!!!! :)

Srama and Viswamitra like this.
  7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Why sweat Out when you can sweat Inside your home?!! I don't understand either. So go ahead doing what you do happily! :)))

8. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Sabitha ma'm,

Whatever your musings were about social distancing, isolation and self analysis, one thing is for sure. Your social distancing cut my distancing from our favorite website.
    Here I am again after many months (or is it years?) to write about how pleasant a read it was, your snippet here!
    That you have admired nature and your work outs is no secret. But both have taken on a new charm this time round as so much is restricted for us humans. I can only imagine how hard it is for people who had a very full and hectic life both outside and inside their homes!
    Like Satchi mentions, just a week or so ago, people complained about how much stress it was to deal with people and work situations. Many did feel a pinch of guilt as they were not really aware what their child's favorite ice cream flavor was....This week, the same are missing out going in to work, not having that conversation at the water cooler!! How can one keep the kids occupied for the next so many days!!
    "The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence" !!
    Knowing you, you will make the best use of this unexpected 'break' ! This snippet is an example!!
    O'Meara's poetic words are really soothing at these times! Maybe the Earth is doing some Pranayam?! When She has refreshed Herself, may be we can go back doing our things, but a bit more carefully and conscientiously?! My Hope anyways!
    Hey, you had not listened to music for a while..tsk tsk!
    You plan to slave your family for a pretty back yard? More tsk tsk tsk
    Your kitchen closes at 10pm ?:anguished:
    Puhleeeze....Aisa mat KARONA

Loved it Saby, was a pleasure to read!

9. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Satchi,

You are bang on! What social distancing with all the social media :)

It is kind of weird though to step out, trying to be careful....human touch and seeing people around even random strangers is so beneficial. Who knew, eh?

10. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Kammo!

What a pleasant surprise to see you here! Boy! reading you, all I can say is "have I missed or what!" So nice to get this response from you.

And I am so glad to see you back here. hope you continue to stay.
    This whole social distancing is so interesting. For home birds like you and me, not much may be but it is fascinating to watch people and their reactions. You and Satchi are right, many of us may not enjoy actually meeting people but have been bust on the social media but take that 'idea' away whether we enjoy or not, it seems to impact us.

Kamla and Viswamitra like this.