Quarantine On Arrival To India (by Air) - What Is It Like? Where Is It?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by alady2018, Mar 17, 2020.

1. alady2018

alady2018 Silver IL'ite

Hi All,

I can see the Ministry of Health announcement about quarantine 14 days for passengers coming from a certain list of countries. Where can I find information on what this quarantine is like? Is it a self-quarantine at home monitored by authorities or is it in some government operated center?

Please share what you may have heard. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2020

2. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

The media isn't reporting this well as of now.
    I saw one news channel reporting that strict checking is going on. But here is what I have heard from this morning.

1) A neighbor in my area said he returned from US this morning and was not checked thoroughly at the airport. Only temperature check was done . He said Indian airports have not identified US as hot zone whereas European countries have been identified as hot zones. He had to give his address and that too was not validated whether the person gave original or fake address. This is in Bangalore. He refuses to self isolate himself for some days and is behaving very arrogant n saying its not necessary for him.

2) one more friend shared whatsapp status of her friend : it seems he returned from someone European country and was taken for check up and a group of people were locked up in some place for 12 hrs with out any food given. Even request to give milk to be given to an infant was not heard to. This was in Delhi airport. Finally they were let off without checking them.

3) In Mumbai airport they are checking (don't know to what extent) and those who are quarantined ,stamp is put on them.

As of now the information is just not proper in any media and don't know what to believe and what not to.

Sharing what I have been seeing and hearing. From wider residents group in the area. May not be authentic information .

Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
    alady2018, Thyagarajan and Tamrakshar like this.
  3. Tamrakshar

Tamrakshar Platinum IL'ite

About 150 Indians, who were recently quarantined in Delhi over coronavirus or COVID-19 after they returned from Spain, have complained of poor hygiene and lack of protocols at the isolation unit.

A student who was among those taken to the isolation facility in west Delhi's Dwarka said he was released in 12 hours after several tests, adding that no tests were done for the highly contagious coronavirus.

Quarantined, Then Told No Coronavirus Test: Student Back From Spain

No one expects India to build ten-storied isolation centres in 8 days, but I am afraid this "chalta hai" attitude may result in health disasters.

Anusha2917 likes this.
  4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello: I wish what you had heard is unreal. There can’t be such negligence when every one is gripped with fear over possible virus infection spread. I have a different take about checks at airports in Chennai & New Delhi .

2. The quarantined are taken good care and the Kerala lady nurse had given complete description of her work in detail in tamil magazine to be read to believe the complexity involved.
    3. OP Desires to know the place of quarantine which possibly can’t be very far from the landing airport.
    Regards.
    God Bless.

5. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

6. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Attached form is to be filled by all international travelers coming into any Indian airport to clear immigration. Instead of last 28 days, they ask to fill countries visited in the last 14 days. If they have traveled to or via any Covid19 affected countries (most Europe, Asia and Arab), they have to go through thermal scanning.

Bangalore airport has been told as the most chaotic taking about 7 hrs to clear immigration.
    Chennai & Delhi airports the immigration isn't taking long.
    Most of these airports appear to check only temperature as part of the thermal scanning. Then they advise to self-quarantine for 14-days in their houses and report if they fall sick within 14 days.

Note: All of the above is only for Indians (India passport holders) travelling from abroad. Those NRIs or OCI / Visa holders to India are stopped in the original departure airport in US/UK.

Source: Travel/Immigration related Social Media groups

Attached Files:

7. alady2018

alady2018 Silver IL'ite

Thyagarajan likes this.
  8. alady2018

alady2018 Silver IL'ite

@Induslady I am looking for avenues/forums to chat and discuss the details about a B2 visa extension and other GC related questions. I know about immihelp (thanks to @Rihana) who reminded me to get back to it. But a lot of the discussions are much older and not relevant to the current dynamic situation now developing due to Covid.

I have been looking for FB groups - but am unable to find an Indian B2 visa related group. Could you please share any groups you might know? Please share via PM if that's more comfortable for you. Or please let me know if I can PM you. Thanks.