What Does An Empowered Woman Look To You?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by BhumiBabe, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:If a woman feels already empowered to her satisfaction and enjoy her life to the hilt, she would be enjoying
    • Equal status with man at home and men in the office
    • Either she and spouse dolls to each other or no doll to each other
    • Indulgence equally shared
    • Partner in service at home around hearth and
    • Mutual respect demonstrating indoors and outdoors
    • If spouse is illiterate or semi literate educate her or him ( as Mahathma desire)
    2. Empowered women in rural areas of India without much or no education act as president of local village panchayat and their spouse from a distance enjoy their decision making in panchayat office. I had seen this happening.

3. India in rural and urban has emerged in last few decades with women ruling the roost. Kudos to all such brave courageous indefatigable decisive women & to their enviable spouse.

Thanks and Regards.

GOD - half of your body occupied by UMA DEVI - trust She is ensconced.

anika987 and KashmirFlower like this.
  2. BhumiBabe

BhumiBabe Platinum IL'ite

In my eyes, an empowered woman is emotionally secure. She understands her flaws, knows her weakness, and is able find the tools to overcome them. She is able to say no, without fearing repercussion. She is able to lay down boundaries, physically and mentally. She is also able to handle rejection.

And despite this, she is also able to love fearlessly. She does not hold her bitterness and try to hurt others just because the world may have been unfair to her. She is able to make her own decisions and not depend on someone else’s acceptance. And finally, she is able to experience happiness in her life.

Amica, Vaikuntha, Anusha2917 and 9 others like this.
  3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Well said

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. kavya007

kavya007 Gold IL'ite

Beautifully written.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

This is such a thought-provoking question- in the midst of catching up my breath with daily activities. I have never thought about it or working towards becoming one.
    But before I even had this bandwagon of the family- there was blip second that I used to envision myself that the really empowered women would be someone like the character MeredithGrey from Grey's Anatomy. (I am more like George's character on the show).
    To be empowered is more of self-awareness of who you are and what you want and try your best to achieve to reach your goal according to your priorities.
    Understanding oneself and fulfilling what you think is best for you is what I believe is being empowered.

Thyagarajan and kkrish like this.
  6. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Ruth Bader Ginsberg, Supreme Court Justice, USA
    Rukmini Devi Arundale
    Mother Theresa
    Katherine Johnson
    .... and many
    Who did not ask for any special favours from anyone nor indulged in too much talk.
    Instead they beat the odds by their own perseverance, hard work, broadmindedness, and a great vision.

A good thread @BhumiBabe

nuss, Cheeniya and Thyagarajan like this.
  7. Desiindian

Desiindian Gold IL'ite

I couldn't get the correct words to describe. To me an empowered woman looks like this:

A girl who asks her parents to invest money on her education career or business, instead of saving it to give dowry and gold for her marriage.
    A women who walks out of an abusive marriage, and
    A mother who accepts and supports her daughter's decision to end the abusive marriage thro divorce.
    A women who insists before or after marriage, the joint family should have both side parent under one house, particular ly of she is a single child to her parents.
    A women who takes care of her parents and in-laws when they are in need both financially and emotionally.
    A women who knows when and what to prioritise in an situation.

Most importanly, A women who would not hesitate to ask her rights( family, society or work place).

Amica, kkrish, nuss and 2 others like this.
  8. Thyagarajan

:hello:You are right am proud of you .

2. As a girl if all your asking happens, it is simply too good and these when fructifies this would turn the girl automatically EMPOWERED.
    In that case NO EXTERNAL aid is necessary to empower you. To say yes to a girl demanding those, the mother has to be already been empowered.

3. But the question is as empowered women what would you - I mean YOU - EXPECT FROM THE SPOUSE.

Thanks and Regards.
    God bless.

9. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

That's what I would say as well. A person who can own her mistakes and learn from those to move on in life. She can love fearlessly and does not hold bitterness towards people or past situations. She knows she is not perfect but she is comfortable in her skin. She is fiercely independent but knows who to lean on when she needs to. She is independent in her thinking and actions but still a part of an intricate system of friends and family that she loves. She is not know-it-all need-no-one snob but she is a kind, passionate, and understanding human being who helps lift others not just herself.

NOW, Thyagarajan, BhumiBabe and 2 others like this.
  10. Thyagarajan

:hello:That is succinctly said in six sentences. That is what is she. The bold & beautiful. The quintessentials in an empowered She.
    Thanks and Regards.

GOD - Your Consort is akin to a free electron.