Do You Wear Make-up Everyday?

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by MissH, Mar 9, 2020.

1. MissH

MissH Bronze IL'ite

Do you wear makeup everyday to work or in general? How much time do you spend on average in getting ready? Are there any tips and tricks you’d care to share? Thanks all!

senorita2019 and Rihana like this.

2. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

I wear makeup every day to work.
    On average I spend 20 mins on makeup alone. I would have picked clothes previous night, so not much thinking about putting my look together.
    TIP 1-Always wash your face, apply primer before makeup and use a setting powder after foundation.
    TIP 2- Get the right products for your skin. do not go by brand or cost. If the product is not right for your skin type. don't use it- coz it costs $$$ or its from such & such a brand. Not worth it.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
  3. Angela123

Angela123 Gold IL'ite

Not really. I used to wear eye primer, eye shadow and eye liner and apply powder foundation-so it takes around 15 minutes max. This came down to just eye liner, and foundation powder. Now I do this may be once a week - when i have to face a lot of people in a meeting or something like that. I always wear my hair straight and down with no flyaways, it helps with easy put together look. Most days I go with out any make up. Just sunscreen and moisturizer only. I work in a place where it is all american and men in majority. We have 3 women who pretty much wear no make up and so I feel very comfortable doing it.

Rihana and MissH like this.
  4. MissH

MissH Bronze IL'ite

@blindpup10 Thank you!

5. Vaikuntha

Vaikuntha Platinum IL'ite

I am a fan of makeup. I like makeup.
    Primer + foundation + concealer + lipstick (long wear) + neutral simmer/matte eyeshadow (a lil) does wonders

At bare minimum, I wear moisturizer with sunscreen (tinted) + concealer + lipstick + lipliner + eyeliner (a smudge a little)

Recently, I stopped wearing long wear (permanent) lipsticks and switched to more sheer ones

For wedding kind of stuff or dinner, I change the color of lipsticks, put on some blush, do a lil contouring, set brows in place (have different things for brows), eyeliner

I have good eyebrows and lashes, so don't do much with that. I easily see how a mascara can transform a look- so I give in and use some mascara- once in a while, but that is my last makeup thing, because it is such a pain to take out.

I have makeup remover sheets, I use that. before they came in market- my go to was -diluted face moisturizer. Then wash with face wash and follow with night time cream etc

I can I love makeup, on lazy days I still wear a bare minimum stuff.

I would suggest that you start with moisturizer + foundation + lipstick + eyeliner
    You can drop foundation, if you do not like it. But if you use it, then you will need to use eyeliner and lipstick and blush etc because otherwise the face will look washed out

6. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

5 mins to blow dry and style washed hair .
    2 mins to apply a good foundation and lipstick.

7. MissH

MissH Bronze IL'ite

Wow! Thank you very much for the inputs!

8. MissH

MissH Bronze IL'ite

5 minutes to blow dry and style!! Really need some tips there please :)

Rihana likes this.
  9. Vanani

Vanani Senior IL'ite

I wear my hair short (blunt) so brush and go.
    I apply face cream and powder and leave home to beat rush hour traffic.
    Quick touch up and apply kajal, mascara and lipstick after I reach office before I start the day.

Vaikuntha, KashmirFlower and MissH like this.
  10. senorita2019

senorita2019 Gold IL'ite

For work mon-fri, its bare minimum - moisturizer, foundation, regular Yardley powder. thats all. (I would rather sleep than get up and put makeup.)

For parties - moisturizer, primer, foundation, compact powder, mascara, eyeliner, lipstick, eyebrow pencil, perfume and done. Straighten the hair with some curls at the end.

In this order....

SinghManisha and MissH like this.