1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Knee replacement surgery

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by richierich, Sep 14, 2007.

1. lmani

lmani Senior IL'ite

I am in New jersey.It costs a lot without insurance.Try those shots for her by the orthapedic.

2. poojabalaji

poojabalaji New IL'ite

Hi Richa,

Did your mother get her knee replaced? How does she feel now and how long has it been now if she had been replaced with a knee?
    sorry for too many questions, but we are planning for the same for my mom and wanted to know about this .

expecting ur reply

cheers

3. richierich

richierich New IL'ite

Hi Pooja,
    No, my mom hasn't yet gone for the surgery. She went for the other doc's opinion and he suggested her that you don't need to go for total knee replacement. However, he said that the osteotomy is the only solution right now. So, she is going to go for this surgery though. He said that it's a knocked out knee condition.
    I would suggest you to go for second opinion.
    Contact me if u have more questions.
    Best,
    Richa

4. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

I had orthopedic surgery on my right ankle in Delhi, India three years ago. The treatment I got was first rate as was the hospital. My doctor had training in India, UK, Germany and Australia and was up on the newest techniques and doing joint replacements (I did not have joint replacement). If I need more surgery I will go there and not do here in USA. His physical therapy clinic was more helpful than the treatments I got in USA also.