1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Whispers Of Love

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by blackbeauty84, Jul 16, 2018.

1. creativemumma

creativemumma Gold IL'ite

Things are falling in to place...Now i understand whats going on

2. lakshya2018

lakshya2018 Bronze IL'ite

I think I need to re-read episodes from the start.. I forgot who is sagar. Ha ha ha

Anyway nice episode.

3. Rampuri9

Rampuri9 Silver IL'ite

wow BB - happy to read latest updates...

4. ammusatheesh

ammusatheesh Gold IL'ite

Going superb BB..happy reading the episodes....take care ..

5. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Chapter-62

Sagar

Last week I was bit carried away and switched off all my phones. It must be late in the night when Virat and Mukund arrived together.

‘I didn’t expect you at this time…Come in please..’ I said. I was bit drunk as well.

‘Sagar, things reached Jai and he has been searching for you since morning.I’m supposed to meet Jai at eight tomorrow to give an explanation of what’s happening at your end.’ Virat said seriously.

‘We are not sure what’s troubling you…but off late your behavior is weird. Jai is contemplating firing you..’ Mukund looked at me. ‘Sagar..It’s high time you are serious. Whatever is your problem is jeopardizing your career..’

‘Ufff…come on..I have a personal problem…’ I replied.

‘Have you shared with Jai, whatever your problem is…Come on Sagar, though I’m reporting to you, I couldn’t defend you as I’m clueless of what your problem is..You are drinking a lot these days and where are you absconding in the evenings?’ Mukund sat close to me. I look upon Mukund like my elder brother.

‘Is it a woman problem?’ Virat asked. ‘Sagar…What do I answer Jai tomorrow?’

Resigned look on my face made them more worried.

‘I don’t know what to do…’ I said.

‘I’ll prepare coffee and let’s talk..’ Virat went inside the kitchen.

‘Nothing in kitchen…I was about to go out for food..’ I said to Virat.

‘Do you know the time?’ Mukund asked. ‘Right..let’s go to my place. Sagar, come and stay with me tonight. It’s advisable you turn at eight tomorrow and talk to Jai.’ Mukund ordered.

‘Yes..I need help..its hightime but yes..I need help..’I admitted. That night we spent at Mukunds’s. As usual his door was open, refrigerator was full, I slept well though for a short period of time. Virat woke me up early to make me presentable. I talked them into coming for meeting Jai.

On the way to office I was worried sick for the first time ever since all this started.We knocked Jai’s cabin at eight.

‘What a surprise..nice of you drop by Sagar…’

‘Chief ...I apologize’ I said as Jai looked at Mukund and Virat.Mukund sat without waiting for the invitation and Virat followed the suit.

‘Sit down and explain…’ Mukund hissed.

I didn’t know where to start and how to explain. There was a knock on Jai’s cabin where his secretary announced his next meeting is cancelled and his calendar is empty till noon. Jai loosened his tie, folded his shirt sleeves , poured water in glass and handed over to me. He went near the window and lighted the cigarette.

‘It’s a woman…no not what you think..I haven’t even…she works here..i saw her once I ended things with Ajitha..she looked sad..people said she lost her husband recently..I came back after a long trip she was just the same. She had a pleasant manner but looked as if soul is sucked out of her..it made me think how pain of love would look like…I craved for some meaningful relation like her..soon she occupied my thoughts..I didn’t know how to even approach her..I think she sensed that I’m watching her…Whenever I tried talking to her she avoided me..guess she heard about my reputation..I became obsessed , started getting details about her family..she has akid..I would wait in the park where the caretaker brings the kid and now he runs towards me when he finds me in park..I did few crazy things like calling her in middle of night, sending her flowers. I cornered her once when she was alone and asked her out, she didn’t even give me an answer…First time I failed in getting a woman I wanted.. I became crazy..only solace was her son who is attached to me now…I’m not sure whether you would understand especially knowing my past..but I’m sure she is the one for me…I got addicted to her and ofcourse booze..I would come to office to have look at her..would avoid office not to meet her..I couldn’t understand me…’ I was looking at ceiling as I didn’t have courage to look anyone into eye.I didn’t reveal anything to anyone all these days.

‘I thought it’s a woman problem but didn’t think it would be..I thought someone is blackmailing you or something..’ Virat said after a heavy silence.

Jai was still looking out at window not sure of his reaction.

‘You are not the first one to fall in love with co-worker neither the last..and the way you behaved being in a key position is unacceptable. We are not a charity shop.’ Jai said sitting back at his desk.

‘Jai..knowing Sagar from age of eighteen he doesn’t know what love is..might be all this got him confused..’ Virat pitched in for me whereas Mukund remained silent.

Jai took another cigarette.

‘It doesn’t give any rights to stalk a woman..I’m sorry Sagar we pride ourself in saying we give provide a safe environment for women where one of my cxo does this…’ Jai said firmly.

‘I’m equally ashamed Jai..’

‘Do you want to have this conversation in private, Sagar?’ Jai asked as Mukund prepared to get up.

‘No..I pulled them here despite their resistance..’ I replied.

‘Right, if you want it that way. I’m going to put in a disciplinary note in your records…’Jai hammered through.

‘That’s bit severe Jai..’Virat responded. Mukund remained silent, I know he is feeling it’s just.

‘So is stalking Virat….’ Jai reacted. ‘You failed to turn up for couple of client meetings and needless to talk about various projects you are supposed to monitor.. I need you to see this….’ Jai projected some of the escalations that reached him. Having been in the field for years, some of it appeared severe and my mind went numb.

‘Right..I would suggest you take a sabbatical, sort out the problems and then join back.’Jai folded his hands waiting for me to respond.

‘No… I don’t..Jai I would continue..’

‘Look you are sitting in piles of back-log, enough to lock you in office for days. I’m not sure whether you can handle it…’ Jai growled.

‘I’ll not let you down..I mean it…’ I said sincerely.

Jai was in deep thoughts and no one dared to disturb him. Mukund was studying the photograph of Jai and Priya at the desk. How could Mukund tolerate? Did it affect whenever he saw Priya or for that matter Jai?

‘Right..’ Jai said firmly. ‘But I’m going to keep an eye on you. I need to see an action plan by tomorrow. Mukund, ensure that Ramya is transferred to someother team where there is no direct influence of him.’

‘Thanks chief.. How do you know Ramya?’

‘It means you haven’t done your homework properly…Sagar remember no more stalking and it applies to her kid as well..’

‘Got it chief..’ I said heavily

‘Srikanth can be of help here..’ Jai smiled and took us to breakfast where I learnt about friendship of Srikanth and Dev. I planned to approach Ramya one time via srikanth and contacted him over weekend.

6. blackbeauty84

Thank you all for the feedback.Posted next episode now.

7. creativemumma

I understand you are aiming towards a happy ending from all ends :)

8. blackbeauty84

Chapter-63

Srikanth

‘Are you talking about Sagar?’ I asked looking at her eyes.

‘How do you know?’ she panicked.

‘Just a guess…’

‘That’s why I couldn’t take any action…I mean even head HR Mukund reports to him right?’ she asked.

That day Virat summoned us to his house to talk about Ramya.All I knew was Sagar needs help talking to Ramya and he already knows her family situation and has become close with Vithuran without Ramya’s knowledge. Ramya appears to be scared of Sagar right now.

‘You are not eating..’ I commented.

‘Not sure what to eat..what to leave… By the way I’m moving to new team from next week. That’s another reason I don’t want to report Sagar..moving to product team under Vidhyth..I heard it doesn’t come under COO’s purview…’ she replied.

How to I talk about Sagar when she is so averse?

‘That’s good..When I was talking to your mother that day she is concerned that you are alone. She said how relatives are not in touch ..Ramya have you considered how long..’ I started the topic gently as I could.

‘Oh she asked you to talk is it? I’m sitting in piles of loan with a bed ridden mother and toddler whom I can’t part with and Dev is with me whether he is alive or not…’ she said firmly.

‘Did anybody ask you to stop loving Dev? Ramya, you know Dev wouldn’t want you to wither like this. You accept things as it is.. what’s holding you now?’ I asked.

‘Srikanth some of my friends did try to put me in touch with others whom they thought were eligible..Like I said I can’t leave Vithuran , my mother or my thoughts of Dev..they are part of me…’ she choked.

‘I know someone who knows you, loves you and would welcome you completely.’ I said.

I wasn’t prepared for her response and reaction. I reached office and dialed dad. There were meesages from Sagar and Virat which I choose to ignore.

‘Yes Srikanth..’ dad said picking the call.

‘I need your help..need to speak to you..’

‘Are you okay? Where are you?’ he asked with concern.

‘I’m absolutely fine dad..thing is.. can’t explain over phone…’

‘I’m wrapping up lunch with President. I’ll be home in twenty minutes..’ he said. I agreed to meet him at home. I informed Sameer on emergency leave and came out without crossing paths with ORK.I texted Harini that I’m leaving home.

Dad was in office room when I went and took him through my conversation with Ramya.We discussed on various alternatives and finally figured what to be done.

Dad dialed him and asked him to come home when he is done at office.Dad updated me of what happened to Sagar during the meeting and I updated on the meeting at Virat’ house. I was about to get back to my room when the housekeeper announced his arrival.

‘Hello Jai.. Hi Srikanth..it’s not official is it?’ he asked as he sat down.

‘Not official..Srikanth wanted to talk about meeting with Ramya.’ Dad replied.

‘Sagar was trying to reach you I guess..When you weren’t reachable they thought you must be in meeting.’ Mukund smiled.

I told him what happened at the restaurant till I said ‘I know someone who knows you, loves you and would welcome you completely.’ which Mukund listened intendly.

‘You haven’t heard the best part Mukund..’ dad interrupted.

‘I don’t understand..’ Mukund said.

‘Neither do I…’ Dad said.

Back at restaurant:

‘I know someone who knows you, loves you and would welcome you completely.’ I said.’He is from our office but couldn’t…’

‘Yeah conflict of interest..wanted to speak through you…is it?’ she said. Ramya’s very tone changed. She didn’t look like the one who was scared speaking about Sagar few minutes back.

‘You were expecting it? Makes my job easy..’ I said as she turned away. Is she smiling? I forgot how attractive Ramya’s smile is.

‘I thought he was just doing his job..but he was around whenever I felt down.He was the one who saw Dev breathed his last and so many timesI had asked him about it. I had an instant energy boost whenever I talked to him. I liked his character, his gentleness. I wasn’t sure whether that was something more. One day I was in beach with Vithuran when I ran into him, he was so affectionate and gentle with the kid. ‘He reminds me of a boy whom I wanted to parent..’ he said while leaving. I think that made me to decide if someone is going to Vithuran’s father it’s going to be him…’ Ramya said never looking up from plate.

That’s Mukund my mind said.

‘I know the age difference and thought that might be the reason why he is hesitating. But there are several actions from him which proved my feelings. He never misused his position. I know he is like your family friend..so tell Mukund I’m expecting to hear from him…’ she finished.’Hey it’s Mukund right?’ she asked looking at my face.

‘Yes..’I lied non guiltly. I smiled hiding the confusion in my face.

Mukund was wiping his face with kerchief when I finished narrating this. Dad got a call and advised his secretary to cancel rest of his meetings.

‘Jai, I’ll manage..you must be busy…’

‘Manage how? By remaining silent as you did for Priya. Atleast Priya was clearly in love with me…what’s the problem with you Mukund..’

‘It’s true I like her. She is someone who faces anything..like Priya Jai. I admire her. Age gap was something which I was worried about..I didn’t expect Sagar to …Got me thinking she deserves someone younger like Sagar..’

‘Age has nothing to do with love and partnership. I can tell you with my experience. Also

Ramya knows both of you, yet feels for you. Mukund, Sagar will understand. Go speak to Ramya …’ dad said while Mukund remain seated.

‘Offlate I’m spending lot of time in my executives personal problem..guess what I like it..’ dad laughed.

‘It started with you Jai. Look even ORK and me found love in office..’ Mukund got up and I suddenly hugged him.

‘I know you will keep Ramya and Vithuran happy.’ I said.

‘Yeah I know ...Thanks ’ he said joyfully.

‘Mukund uncle…’ Vivaan squealed as we came out of dad’s room. ‘I was just thinking about you..my poster got torn..’ Vivaan said pointing to ‘After all this time..always’ poster.

‘About time…’ dad said.

‘I’ll come back in an hour..when Sagar will be here..’ Mukund said while leaving.

‘Typical.. puts others in front of him..’ dad remarked.

9. creativemumma

Didnt expect that would be Mukund...I have pictured Mukund to be a very disciplined, grand father kind of guy

10. meerutha

meerutha Silver IL'ite

hi... Read the story in a day...so so wonderful....you have narrated in the best way....all the characters are very lively..... will be waiting foe the episodes to come.....Thank you for giving us such an interesting and wonderful story......