1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Loud Friend(s) And Restaurant

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by Rihana, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

: ) That's another thing I have noticed. The volume can go up as a topic gets talked for a longer time. A new topic automatically resets the level.

==========
    I am not complaining about such friend(s)! These are my "can call them in the middle of the night" type friends. Just a fun thing to talk about.

deepthyanoop likes this.
  2. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

;) Yes. Desiterata poster (high fiber paper in buff colour, with gently italicized font, large print), framed and hung in the kitchen is a location that troubled mums would go and stand next to, and read. After some difficult conversation at home with children who are taller.
    Those desiterata scrolls used to be hot and trendy during the Chicken soup book series period in USA. I bought one too.

3. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

This is so not funny, Amulet! :yikes: I am in the kitchen, the poster is nearby, so is the taller child, and difficult conversation can be summoned at the drop of a hat. If I was by my laptop, I'd reach over and put a band aid on the webcam. :lol:

high fiber paper
    :eek:
    in buff colour,
    with gently italicized font,
    large print

I wants my mommy and I wants her now. I don't care what I wrote about her in another thread. :roflmao:

Amulet likes this.
  4. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

:smileycat: I can summon my inner Mrs Marple, and eliminate the webcam, or bugs buried in the house when you put in new floors. I may have just heard your loud friend across the country/world appreciating that framed scroll in your kitchen, or saying how-tall-the-child2 had grown since the last time.

Rihana likes this.
  5. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

Is it possible that those friends had hearing difficulties?
    Just a general observation that people who do not hear well and have some level of hearing loss not properly addressed have the tendency to talk in a louder voice, unintentionally as they cant judge what a " normal " decibel would be for regular conversation...they also would expect the person conversing with them to talk loudly so that they can hear clearly..
    But if this is not the case, I would discreetly signal the friend to keep the tone down as I have to discuss personal and confidential stuff...

6. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

I have a friend like that. These days it doesn't matter much since everyone is loudly telling the world their business over their cell phones anyway. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anusha2917 likes this.
  7. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

That emoji attracted me.. How do you get that? :grinning::grinning: