1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How To Make And Maintain Friendship

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by amnilakshmi, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Stop saying Thank You too early in a thread.

This is the equivalent of "I've got what I needed, I ain't coming back here no more". This manner can be interpreted as "curt" in real life, and will totally limit and inhibit even those who want to talk to you. The ability not to turn people off is how a friendship might start.

Just relax, and let the world happen. Don't interrupt, unless you plan to ask a "open ended question" to have others talk/write more. Be with people. Have a listen, then put in a question. Be helpful. You'd make a lot of friends.

Vaikuntha likes this.
  2. sarvantaryamini

sarvantaryamini Gold IL'ite

Man somehow I thought that meant more like "I am listening and I am reading your stuff", thanks for the info.

Amulet likes this.
  3. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

You must go back and look at the first five posts. The two respondents in posts 2,3,4 offered astute insights.

Post 5 from the OP was the opportunity to come out of the shell and put out some prose. Say what was useful in 2 and 3-4 to the two respondents who cared to post right away. Or click "like" at their posts. And that post 5 was answered like a student in a school class called upon by a teacher ! And it was followed up by the Thank-You line in post 6, which prompted my response to it. The OP is obviously shy, and an anonymous forum is where she can practice to be less introverted. And make cyber-friends with anika987.

I should hope amnilakshmi comes back to her thread and describe the most recent frivolous, and long conversation she has had with a local friend.

mindwar, amnilakshmi and AmulB like this.
  4. amnilakshmi

amnilakshmi Gold IL'ite

you are right my dear. I am shy and sometimes i feel it is because of my behaviour that no one stays in touch. I do not know how to find a solution to this. As far as previous posts, the others mentioned that it is college days when we get lot of friends but my college friends are not in touch. I do not even know where they are. Now, i am feeling lonely and want to have good circle but finding it difficult. Would be good if you could give me some more tips.

5. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

[Hint: click "click to expand" first]
    If you have the time to "be with people" you get to make friends. Go to the topics you like on this forum, and READ what other girls have posted. This is how you get to "be with people". And write responses to them, express your opinions. Even what you have heard somewhere. This is how you demonstrate that "you had listened, and trying to be helpful" WRITE something to GIVE some prose. What you write does not have to be utilitarian (useful).

Let me give you an exercise. Go to this thread, read all the posts, and then write one of your own at the end. After you write your response post, read what you had written.

6. sarvantaryamini

sarvantaryamini Gold IL'ite

x

Last edited: Feb 29, 2020