Your Longest Phone Call?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Rihana, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Few I can recollect :
    1) With a guy friend in college. Some calls have lasted from mid night to next day early morning.
    2) My husband . Then my fiance . Here I think calls have lasted from previous night to next day early morning. This made me see the recent call history with him and the max is 48s . With few being 39s ,16s. Not crossed a minute anytime in the recent past.
    3) One bestie in the US. They used to last for 1hr + . After her kid frequency kinda reduced . But if we speak it's at least for an hour.
    4) With sister (staying in Same city.) All work like cooking,cleaning , using washroom (not taking bath though) happens during video calling her . Don't know what I talk with "once upon a time my enemy".

Amica and Rihana like this.
  2. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks to Whatsapp and Skype :worship2:

Rihana and Amica like this.
  3. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

In recent times (last ten years) the longest conversation was about an hour, when four college friends met in person in a restaurant. The restaurant provides individual rooms for groups of customers -- imagine booth-seating with walls on 3 sides, and door on the 4th.
    After we reminisced for a few minutes, we decided to include another friend in a far away country, and different time zone. One ipad was setup, and call made. She joined us, and provided her own muchies and drinks. We talked for an hour or more -- sometimes interrupted by her cat, walking across her face.
    I think longer calls are usually with friends, and rarely with relatives.

Rihana and Amica like this.
  4. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

I have a few friends from childhood with whom I have marathon Seinfeld (a show about nothing) calls. Even bought a hands-free wireless headset so I could handle mindless chores while chatting.

Coincidentally, I received this forward last week:

Average duration of different phone call categories:
    • Boy to Boy 00:00:59
    • Boy to Mom 00:00:50
    • Boy to Dad 00:00:30
    • Boy to Girl 01:23:59
    • Girl to Girl 05:29:59
    • Girl to Boy 00:01:20
    • Married man to Girlfriend 06:43:59
    • Married woman to Boyfriend 00:10:59
    • Husband to Wife 00:00:03
    • Wife to Husband 14 Missed Calls