Prayers, Faith And Positive Thinking

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by SRMB, Jan 5, 2020.

1. SRMB

SRMB Senior IL'ite

How important is it to think positive after praying for something?

Does faith mean that God will give me what I want, or does faith mean that I will accept God's decision regardless of whether I get what I want or not?

Sai Baba preaches Shraddha and Saburi, meaning Faith and Patience. Please elaborate.

Is there anything in Gita or other books about thinking positive?

2. rambleaway

rambleaway New IL'ite

Hi.. In my personal opinion, Faith means trust in GOD. That if he did not give something, it is not the right thing for me. That is why he did not give.

In my view, he is our mother. If a child asks for a knife or scissors, the mother never gives. No matter however persistent the child is, mother refuses stubbornly. I see a similar relationship with God. It may appear to us that what we want is really needed, and absolutely need it right away. But as a supreme , he knows better.

3. shilpamaroli

shilpamaroli Senior IL'ite

I think we have to grow from having belief in God to having faith in him. The faith that God will never put me in a situation I cannot handle. If God has put me in such a situation he will show a way out. I just need to have faith in him and surrender to him completely.