1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hair Care With Ratan Jot

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by virtualkv2020, Feb 26, 2020.

1. virtualkv2020

virtualkv2020 Platinum IL'ite

I was pleasantly surprised to know that Ratanjot can also used as a beauty product.Making this DIY Magical Indian Red Hair Growth Oil | Regrows Hair, Treats Hair Fall, Grey Hair & Dandruff - YouTube | Indusladies is so easy and am happy with the results! Ayurveda recommends using Aditya pakkam (solar cooking) method in making hair oils.Ramya nailed it and many thanks to her for sharing this treasure!

Heres what Jawed says about using Ratan Jot oil Ratanjot oil by Hair Expert - Jaweb Habib | Indusladies

Hair pack for long hair growth (from another Expert)

Mix 1 tbsp mulethi (athimadhuram) powder,1 tbsp Balchad (Ratan jot) powder,1 tbsp shkikakai, a pinch of saffron,1 tbsp freshly extracted aloe vera gel,enough milk to make a paste.Apply as a hair pack at the roots,gently massage and wrap head with a cloth,leave overnight and wash with water.This arrest hair fall within a week of usage and hair starts growing.Repeating everyday gives best results.

shravs3 likes this.

2. AmulB

AmulB Silver IL'ite

Hi. Good info. Where to get all these ingredients from. I don’t think we can get in US. I have hair fall after chemical treatment have to do something as my hair is thinning.

3. virtualkv2020

You can look for ratanjot in whole or powdered form at the spice section in your local Indian store as it is also used for food coloring.I bought Ratanjot on Amazon.com Here is the link Amazon.com : Buycrafty 100GRM RATANJOT Alkanna tinctoria ALKANET : Grocery & Gourmet Food

To a glass jar or bowl add 1 to 1.5 tsp of lightly crumbled ratanjot along with 100 ml of coconut oil or 1/2 cup each of coconut oil and olive oil.Place this under the hot sunlight for a day or two. Ratanjot will slowly start releasing its color and essence into the oil. Once the oil has turned red, strain and pour into a glass bottle and store. Use this as hair oil for at least 3 days a week.Make sure to use cold pressed coconut oil like Nutiva or Jiva organics. You can easily find extra virgin olive oil in any American store.

You can easily find mulethi/licorice (athimadhuram) powder,shikakai, saffron in Indian stores or Amazon. You can buy Aloe Vera leaf from any grocery store.

Also use a natural or mild shampoo to wash your hair once or twice a week.A mild shampoo is a paraben and sulfate free shampoo.Examples of mild shampoos are Himalaya, Khadi,Natures gate, Dr Bronner's castile liquid soap. I highly recommend using Khadi. Khadi,Khadi Natural,Khadi Mauri are all manufactured by rural industries and is available on Amazon.There are lots of other hair care recipes on this website, such as Ayurvedic Hair Care and Natural Shampoos For Healthy And Beautiful Hair.You can easily control hair fall by simply using the ingredients found in your kitchen.

Try one of these for at least 40 days to curb hair fall and promote healthy hair growth
    • Lamba Kesani For long hair - Take 20 gms of finely chopped radish,add 3 pinches of black pepper powder, 3 pinches of salt.You can also add little honey to it.mix well.Eat twice a day.You have to give 3 to 6 months for your hair texture to improve.
    • Munching an amla (fresh or dried) everyday reduces hair greying and hair fall.Can consume amla in the form of chutney,subzi,muraba.
    • Chinmayi’s Magic Hair Growth Drink
    • Ayurvedic Home Made Energy Drink For All Ages.
    Good luck.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
    Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. AmulB

AmulB Silver IL'ite

Thank you :) will try

5. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:@kveena
    There is a claim in this page on right side that potato peel can be used to over come grey hair.
    What is your take on that?
    Thanks and Regards.

6. virtualkv2020

Reduction of melanin leads to greying of hair.This is a natural process which happens as we age.Also stress,nutritional deficiencies,usage of chemicals leads to grey hair.Some Ayurvedic hair packs and oils are used to stimulate melanin which arrests or slows greying of hair.In case of premature greying the hair can be changed back to its original color.A friend of mine who had grey hair during her teens turned her hair back to black after eating Amla and using Bringaraj hair pack.

Potato peels are used as a home remedy for grey hair.For this hair pack add potato peels to 2 cups of water and boil for 10-15 mins.Strain and apply the water to scalp using a cotton ball.Leave for 30 mins and wash with cold water.You can also mix curds with this water and apply as a hair pack for best results.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
    Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Thanks for holistic answer.
    2. My Periamma till her 88 th year had long rich black dense hair that added youngish feel to her countenance. She though married early, remained single without any issues. She was immersed in following old time tested methods in respect of personal care and hygiene.
    3. For septuagenarian, I wonder potato peel application would help restore black hair in place of grey ones.

God bless.
    God - do you discriminate among devotees fortheir baldness or salt pepper ....